Chum mixer

Will this be any good for the grinding of skulls and bones etc? I get all sorts of stuff from the mongers, but cutting it all up is the ball ache. 

Kitchener Meat Mixer Stainless Steel Manual Hand Crank 4.2 Gallon/16L Max 17.6LBS Pound Capacity Heavy Duty Commercial Food Grade w/ 4 Removable Mixing Paddles and Clear Lid for Seasoning Meat https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y4G258G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TNV4YEARKC44V8VJ5E0B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Will this be any good for the grinding of skulls and bones etc? I get all sorts of stuff from the mongers, but cutting it all up is the ball ache. 

Kitchener Meat Mixer Stainless Steel Manual Hand Crank 4.2 Gallon/16L Max 17.6LBS Pound Capacity Heavy Duty Commercial Food Grade w/ 4 Removable Mixing Paddles and Clear Lid for Seasoning Meat https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y4G258G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TNV4YEARKC44V8VJ5E0B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Are you serious? There’s no way that you would make your own anything. 

Erm….

Try a garden shredder, much cheaper and less effort…

In the end I went for a meat grinder 

Check out this…..

https://vevor.co.uk/products/850w-commercial-meat-mincer-sausage-maker-stainless-steel-grinder-270-lbs-h?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtMCKBhDAARIsAG-2Eu-w8hSmkojYhp9VpVxGuGtpc0tFOzhmoFxSukylFlhMNrtP31XTMq4aAoRCEALw_wcB

it’s what I use, it’s made about 100kg of chum with no issues so far 🙂 There is an advantage is that it doesn’t jam as much and it’s easier to clean 🙂 

Edited by Odyssey

14 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

It`s a mixer not a mincer, just get a hand cranked mincer.

I used a juicer once it worked Ok , but nobody would juice with it anymore.

4 hours ago, mick said:

It`s a mixer not a mincer, just get a hand cranked mincer.

I used a juicer once it worked Ok , but nobody would juice with it anymore.

Paddle mixer you use for plaster is best 🙂 can make big batches. Just be careful not to knock the bucket over as chum can soon fly in all directions 😂

4 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Paddle mixer you use for plaster is best 🙂 can make big batches. Just be careful not to knock the bucket over as chum can soon fly in all directions 😂

Yeah I have one of those but it's not great. It cannot crush the bones and skulls of the fish carcasses. Or chop up skin. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah I have one of those but it's not great. It cannot crush the bones and skulls of the fish carcasses. Or chop up skin. 

Only good to mix up the fish with bran. The meat grinder I listed works a treat though, better than garden shredder but similar price 🙂 

• 1 month later...

ive two   Hobart   Mixer / Grinders     not cheap but the best there is for making chum  or  Chunks    ive one set up  for    grinding frozen   straight out of the Freezer   no messing   as fast as you can feed the  hopper  the hobart  Minces them     Mackerel       Whiting   Cole fish   Pouting   & Herring  all go through   

TED  and his Taxi 156.jpg