Gilkicker (again...)

Andy135

No boat fishing for me this weekend but I managed to find a few hours to head to the beach and wet a line. Beautiful, flat calm night tonight.

x4QMb3C.jpeg

But when I arrived there was some sort of police operation taking place a bit further up the beach as I could see blue lights and this was buzzing around looking for someone.

n3E7ve5.jpeg

Manhunt aside, I got the rods in the water in short order, and the clarity was pretty good tonight.

riiyh7K.jpeg

First cast produced a pin whiting which fell to a black lug and prawn combo.

4mnv5tJ.jpeg

And that was all for the rest of the sessionย  ๐Ÿ˜ญ. Not even a whelk this time. No weed either, which tells me that there probably wasn't enough tide tonight. Only an average range today, and my window of opportunity to fish meant I'd be there over high water. Still, line wetted and blank dodged so not all bad... ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜–

I would write something along the lines of "well done you at least you got out there and gave it a go". But, I figure that after a 2.5hr round trip just to catch a pin at slack water you'd see straight through me, and I'd not want to patronise you! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป