Few more screen shots from Xmas day

JDP

1 hour ago, JonC said:

You certainly know your sharks. 

I know the ones we see regularly but when you get up to the tropics there are so many species it gets pretty difficult. The last few years have seen big increases in sharks over our local reefs, perhaps because of the failing marine parks .

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

@JDPI'd like to see a pic of you swimming with great whites please. Nurse sharks are a bit of a cop out! 

There have been plenty over the last few weeks, with many of the dive and snorkel charters being cancelled because of them. We've had a few close calls from them or should I say my daughter has. It seems there's almost weekly incidents theses days around the country where someone has been bitten. Ive had friends killed by them commercialy diving for abalone, its certainly a risk which seems to be on the increase, especially spearing around a 4000 strong seal colony. A mako estimated to be close to 400kg has beed feeding on a few seals lately too, not that Ive seen it but plenty of others have. I carry bleeding trauma kits and hope I never have to use them.

4 minutes ago, JDP said:

There have been plenty over the last few weeks, with many of the dive and snorkel charters being cancelled because of them. We've had a few close calls from them or should I say my daughter has. It seems there's almost weekly incidents theses days around the country where someone has been bitten. Ive had friends killed by them commercialy diving for abalone, its certainly a risk which seems to be on the increase, especially spearing around a 4000 strong seal colony. A mako estimated to be close to 400kg has beed feeding on a few seals lately too, not that Ive seen it but plenty of others have. I carry bleeding trauma kits and hope I never have to use them.

How about a quick selfie then? Not a full blown pose !

will win you the internet for the rest of the year!! 

54 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

How about a quick selfie then? Not a full blown pose !

will win you the internet for the rest of the year!! 

Its rare for me to even take a camera these days, the only reason I had one on Xmas day was to film the new Garmin decent mk2 from one of my daughters sponsors. I think we have only dived together a handful of times all year now she's busy skippering charters.

This is a clip from one of the lads I take out occasionally and spears with my daughter. At one point he's watching dolphin fish when the great white sneaks up under him!!!

On 12/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, JDP said:

Here's a small one my daughter filmed a few years back.

I stayed a few days in narooma back in 2000 absolutely loved it. The guys in the top tackle shop told me about the last uk anglers they saw before me who hired a load of gear to catch the giant rays off the slipway.  ‘Bloody crazy pommies’ they laughed.  🤣🤣

1 hour ago, DINOBOY said:

I stayed a few days in narooma back in 2000 absolutely loved it. The guys in the top tackle shop told me about the last uk anglers they saw before me who hired a load of gear to catch the giant rays off the slipway.  ‘Bloody crazy pommies’ they laughed.  🤣🤣

Thats what I did when I first moved here, you soon get fed up of hooking giant stingrays though!!!!....the same guy still owns the tackle store but moved in down on the flat part of town. Its a great part of the world to live and only a couple of hours from the snowy mountains, so in some ways similar to being back home if I want to freeze my tits off!!!!