Possible gearbox issue

14 minutes ago, JonC said:

Well fixed 👍

I was on a boat recently that had a deck wash switch positioned behind my arse, needless I’ve not been asked back aboard since. 

I remember that. Hadn't the guy literally just replaced his water inlet hose and your but squashed it by activating the pump when the seacock was closed?

36 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I remember that. Hadn't the guy literally just replaced his water inlet hose and your but squashed it by activating the pump when the seacock was closed?

Personally I blame the boat owner. Downright inconsiderate buying a boat with a deck wash switch right where Jon's butt was.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 5:14 PM, Saintly Fish said:

Did you get to the bottom of this issue @jonnyswamp?

Thought I had replied to this, must have dreamed I did

All good, on the last outing after steaming for 30 mins or so, checked when we dropped anchor and there was no movement

Same on return journey, just something I'd never noticed before 

The oldies were right 👨‍🦳👍

16 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Thought I had replied to this, must have dreamed I did

All good, on the last outing after steaming for 30 mins or so, checked when we dropped anchor and there was no movement

Same on return journey, just something I'd never noticed before 

The oldies were right 👨‍🦳👍

You did Nick, post #14. 
Now who's an oldie?  

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You did Nick, post #14. 
Now who's an oldie?  

Certainly felt like it this week, have only managed to work until just after dinner most days, feel like I've been steam rollered

Was thinking about a nighter tomorrow as well, that's not happening now

5 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Certainly felt like it this week, have only managed to work until just after dinner most days, feel like I've been steam rollered

Was thinking about a nighter tomorrow as well, that's not happening now

Age getting to you or illness?? 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Age getting to you or illness?? 

Man flu, crept up on me Sunday night then mugged me of any energy I had left yesterday

Crawled into bed about 3.30 and got up at 8, showered, ate and went back to bed and slept right through til 7 this morning

I also feel very old

16 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Man flu, crept up on me Sunday night then mugged me of any energy I had left yesterday

Crawled into bed about 3.30 and got up at 8, showered, ate and went back to bed and slept right through til 7 this morning

I also feel very old

Sounds pretty bad. Get well soon.

As for feeling old... no known cure but at least the older you get, the younger the nurses become 😉

2 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

I also feel very old

Get well soon bud, the older you get, the more these issues take their toll !

I am just going into Round 4 of a UTI ........... been pissing blood all evening. Being immunosuppressed, the antibiotics don't seem to be having much effect, I'll take a pot of 'blood piss' into the quack tomorrow and see what wonderful ideas they come up with next, as I have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks now .......🙄

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Get well soon bud, the older you get, the more these issues take their toll !

I am just going into Round 4 of a UTI ........... been pissing blood all evening. Being immunosuppressed, the antibiotics don't seem to be having much effect, I'll take a pot of 'blood piss' into the quack tomorrow and see what wonderful ideas they come up with next, as I have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks now .......🙄

That doesn't sound too clever. Fingers crossed for you! 🤞

10 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Hopefully stronger antibiotics might do the trick. This mornings sample looks like I go it from a muddy puddle !

If all else fails, see if you can find yourself a female vampire..........

With blunt teeth 🧛‍♀️

Hope you get sorted soon and get back out 👍

On 2/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, jonnyswamp said:

If all else fails, see if you can find yourself a female vampire..........

With blunt teeth 🧛‍♀️

Hope you get sorted soon and get back out 👍

Actually, a female doctor called me today who understands immunosuppression and has put me on an extended 2 week course of antibiotics. Fingers crossed 👍

Edited by GPSguru