Garmin Navionics Vision+

7 hours ago, JDP said:

I find panoptics deserves a screen entirely to itself.

Yes, I have 2 plotters and they are networked together via a garmin port expander and nmea2k. That way all info can be displayed on either plotter. They can also share transducers.

12 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, I have 2 plotters and they are networked together via a garmin port expander and nmea2k. That way all info can be displayed on either plotter. They can also share transducers.

Do they share chart info and transducer dat via N2k? I always thought Ethernet/Garmin Marine Network was required for sharing large volumes of data.

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Do they share chart info and transducer dat via N2k? I always thought Ethernet/Garmin Marine Network was required for sharing large volumes of data.

Yes, sort of.

They are joined together by a Garmin port expander (GMS10) which is essentially a 4 port ethernet switch, and the master port is connected to N2k. 

So the plotters talk to each other via ethernet (I guess you could call it ‘Garmin network’), and then the outside world (AIS, Panoptix, Engine, active trim, GPS puck,  & Transducers) via N2k.