Profile photos: upload yours soon

Andy135

Edit: By now, you've probably seen the notification message upon logging in. Currently, adding a profile photo is an optional step, but next week they'll become required for all members, meaning you won't be able to log into the site until you've uploaded a profile photo. If you already have a photo uploaded, you won't see any notifications and will be able to log in as normal.

You can choose any picture you want - yourself, your dog, your best fish, anything, as long as the image size is 500kb or under.

We're making profile photos required as we feel it will help to make the site more friendly and personal as we continue to grow.

Looking forward to seeing all your profiles!

Well, we've been on the new site for over two weeks now and we've done a great job of generating lots of good and interesting content. Well done Outlaws!

But... a fair few of us haven't uploaded a profile photo yet. Naming no names, can we take less than 30 seconds to upload a photo to help bring some personality to our profiles please?

It's easy to do. Just click on your profile circle in the top right of your screen, then click the Image icon on your profile page, the find and upload a pic of your choice.

zF5nmAQ.jpg

👍👍

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Well, we've been on the new site for over two weeks now and we've done a great job of generating lots of good and interesting content. Well done Outlaws!

But... a fair few of us haven't uploaded a profile photo yet. Naming no names, can we take less than 30 seconds to upload a photo to help bring some personality to our profiles please?

It's easy to do. Just click on your profile circle in the top right of your screen, then click the Image icon on your profile page, the find and upload a pic of your choice.

zF5nmAQ.jpg

👍👍

Shall o name the names? I’m not scared of them.

I've just set up a profile photo reminder that will appear each time you log in if you've not yet added a profile photo. This is an optional step for now - you can click "later" and skip the photo upload process. In a week's time I'll flip it to become a "required" step. The file size limit for profile photos is 500kb, so have your photos ready resized before uploading 👍.

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I've just set up a profile photo reminder that will appear each time you log in if you've not yet added a profile photo. This is an optional step for now - you can click "later" and skip the photo upload process. In a week's time I'll flip it to become a "required" step

Optional my arse ............... I couldn’t get past it today, without uploading a picture ................ also there is no option to be able to use a URL for the picture ...........

If you are not careful we will call you 'Nick' ..............😂 ........... Oh Dear ...............🤣

15 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Optional my arse ............... I couldn’t get past it today, without uploading a picture ................ also there is no option to be able to use a URL for the picture ...........

If you are not careful we will call you 'Nick' ..............😂 ........... Oh Dear ...............🤣

I think Andy made the adjustment after you had posted your profile pic Ian.

20 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, Neil is correct. It was mandatory for a couple of hours then it was made optional, until next week.

You must have logged in during the mandatory window.

21 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Presuming you're using a computer, you can paste the URL into the File Explorer window when selecting your picture. I tested it myself earlier today.

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Presuming you're using a computer, you can paste the URL into the File Explorer window when selecting your picture. I tested it myself earlier today.

Ah, OK ............. that is something I wouldn't have thought to do ................... 👍

• Andy135 changed the title to Profile photos: upload yours soon
  • Andy135 pinned this topic
  • Andy135 unpinned this topic