Antifoul recomendations

So pugwash comes out the water on the 6th for a week of TLC at portland marina

pic for ref:

432224-388788.jpg.350064b259d83269069457cbabe83481.jpg

the lift out includes a power wash, and i plan to - 

Wet and dry below the water line,

apply 3 coats of antifoul,

i'll replace anodes (there's one in the engine, but i dont know what's below the waterline. (will add a prop shaft one for peace of mind) 

i'll also sand, stain and varnish the rubbing strakes, and gunwhale tops and the rudder (made of 4" of ply sandwiched) will need sanding and painting too. 

Questions:

Best antifoul? self eroding i assume? are there types better suited to different water types/areas

are there different types of anode?  

what should i look out for? any tips appreciated?

should i over paint the topsides as well? if so what paint do i use for that? or just leave it - not too fussed about it.

who wants to guess the top speed she'll get on the way back once she's clean?

thanks in advance!

cheers! money off the tiger xtra too - that makes is only a bit more than their basic stuff - 2 coats enough then?

question though - i thought i had to avoid hard as i dont go fast enough......  

does my speed (lack of) determine i need a different type to you speed freaks?

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

cheers! money off the tiger xtra too - that makes is only a bit more than their basic stuff - 2 coats enough then?

question though - i thought i had to avoid hard as i dont go fast enough......  

does my speed (lack of) determine i need a different type to you speed freaks?

If you read the blurb Mike it tells you that it's for motor and sailing and that one coat is generally enough for a whole season. However I always put on two.

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

If you read the blurb Mike it tells you that it's for motor and sailing and that one coat is generally enough for a whole season. However I always put on two.

I do one good coat then run the tin out after it’s all covered. 
2.5 lt does my little cheap poor person boat 

The thing about hard antifoul is that it doesn't erode away, presumably at some point you need to take it all off and start again? Done that once, don't want to do it again! Sailors use it on race boats as they can polish it for every race, don't think that is an issue for a displacement fishing boat.

Any eroding antifoul should be ok on displacement boats, for faster boats you need to check the maximum speed. Seajet claims 40kn but 25kn is more common.

I beached my boat today to scrub the hull, check my anodes and fit a transducer. 
I was really happy with the general condition underwater, there was slime all over as would be expected but there was no proper growth and no barnacles. It all came off with a stiff broom without too much grief. I used Hempel hard racing. 

19 minutes ago, JonC said:

I beached my boat today to scrub the hull, check my anodes and fit a transducer. 
I was really happy with the general condition underwater, there was slime all over as would be expected but there was no proper growth and no barnacles. It all came off with a stiff broom without too much grief. I used Hempel hard racing. 

Hempel is good stuff!