Jump to content

A non bank holiday Monday.


 Share

Recommended Posts

Top dangling! Guess it pays to take out the tackle shop owner if he shares all the best marks 😉👍

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Andy135 said:

Top dangling! Guess it pays to take out the tackle shop owner if he shares all the best marks 😉👍

Nothing quite like raiding the brains of those in the know!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done, I’ve never heard of anyone catching multiple stingers, usually just one random one so you did well. Maybe they are mating or something in the area? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I thought yesterday was a bank holiday so I kept the diary free and planned to go fishing

Coming here and bragging about your weekday fishing, tut, tut 🤣

Cracking fishing, with multiple stingers, excellent work, I bet Leo was well impressed 🤣

Unfortunately they don't grow too big here (60 - 70lb ?), but still an immensely powerful and impressive fish. In  Oz I have seen them to well over 200lb. Brother in law hooked a monster at Maroochydore QLD and ended up cutting the line as it was towing the boat with no signs of surrender !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Cracking fishing, with multiple stingers, excellent work, I bet Leo was well impressed 🤣

Unfortunately they don't grow too big here (60 - 70lb ?),

Leo was not impressed in the slightest Ian. He was happy I caught one, but so annoyed I did it without him. 
So much so that he insisted on me taking him there this weekend, until I reminded him that we are off to see Iron Maiden on Saturday! 
The shore caught record round here is 49lb. Not sure on the boat record. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JonC said:

Well done, I’ve never heard of anyone catching multiple stingers, usually just one random one so you did well. Maybe they are mating or something in the area? 

Quite possibly. The area we got them was mud flats, so plenty of rag worm to feed on I'd guess! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Quite possibly. The area we got them was mud flats, so plenty of rag worm to feed on I'd guess! 

It’s always been a dream of mine to fish them mud flats 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, JonC said:

It’s always been a dream of mine to fish them mud flats 

It nice to have dreams Jon. Gives you something to aim for! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

It nice to have dreams Jon. Gives you something to aim for! 

Yes it gives me hope.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...