A non bank holiday Monday.

Saintly Fish

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I thought yesterday was a bank holiday so I kept the diary free and planned to go fishing

Coming here and bragging about your weekday fishing, tut, tut 🤣

Cracking fishing, with multiple stingers, excellent work, I bet Leo was well impressed 🤣

Unfortunately they don't grow too big here (60 - 70lb ?), but still an immensely powerful and impressive fish. In  Oz I have seen them to well over 200lb. Brother in law hooked a monster at Maroochydore QLD and ended up cutting the line as it was towing the boat with no signs of surrender !

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Cracking fishing, with multiple stingers, excellent work, I bet Leo was well impressed 🤣

Unfortunately they don't grow too big here (60 - 70lb ?),

Leo was not impressed in the slightest Ian. He was happy I caught one, but so annoyed I did it without him. 
So much so that he insisted on me taking him there this weekend, until I reminded him that we are off to see Iron Maiden on Saturday! 
The shore caught record round here is 49lb. Not sure on the boat record. 

9 hours ago, JonC said:

Well done, I’ve never heard of anyone catching multiple stingers, usually just one random one so you did well. Maybe they are mating or something in the area? 

Quite possibly. The area we got them was mud flats, so plenty of rag worm to feed on I'd guess! 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Quite possibly. The area we got them was mud flats, so plenty of rag worm to feed on I'd guess! 

It’s always been a dream of mine to fish them mud flats