What a world we live in !

GPSguru

Today, whilst picking the grand daughter up from school, I stopped off in the little seaside town to get a few things.

As I walked through the pedestrian part, our old friend @JonC had come all the way from Essex to pay me a visit . There on the street corner (I kid you not) was a rather rotund geezer of about 50 with a neatly cropped beard, dressed as a bloody jester in red / green and ringing a hand bell, which was feck’in loud. To add insult to injury he was blabbering on about a load of old rubbish in an equally loud voice.

I just looked at him and said, kin’ell you’re a long way from essex, but he just blankly looked at me 🤣

To make matters worse, on the way home I stopped at Tesco and as I walked in there as a bloke of about mid 20’s with shaved head and tat’s dressed in a full length bright orange dress. Even worse was the geezer with him, a bloke in his 50’s with a white jacket and wearing a cravat ! 😡

ffs, what is going on in this world !🤬

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

We have a big fat bold guy near us who parades around in a lovely low cut linen frock. 
Tats all up his arms, calf high socks with sandals or crocs. 
A proper looker!! 

I feel ill 🤮

59 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

We have a big fat bold guy near us 

Reminds me of a WW2 flying school saying:

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots"

Or did you mean "bald"??

#grammarpolice

14 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

double malt, with crushed ice, topped up with coke or pepsi 👍, maybe a slice of lemon too.

Surely not with a mixer?!?! A good whisky should be sipped with a dash of water, or even better, the melt water of a single cube of ice. But sugary junk?! I expected better of you 🤦‍♂️

Unless you really did mean whiskey rather than whisky, in which case no mixer in the world can mask the taste 🤮

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Reminds me of a WW2 flying school saying:

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots"

Or did you mean "bald"??

#grammarpolice

I didn't realise you were that old, were you a pilot or an instructor?

12 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Surely not with a mixer?!?! A good whisky should be sipped with a dash of water, or even better, the melt water of a single cube of ice. But sugary junk?! I expected better of you 🤦‍♂️

Unless you really did mean whiskey rather than whisky, in which case no mixer in the world can mask the taste 🤮

A malt double with a coke mixer .......... drunk it that way for years, I guess there are those that would call me a heathen 🤣

I go through almost a bottle of whisky, and 3 maybe 4 bottles of wine per week, been like it years, the only time I throttled back was when my Ulcerative Colitis got bad, and I was unable to mix alcohol and steroids.

BTW, spelling is OK with either Whisky, or Whiskey, although I usually associate the latter with bourbon's ...... bring on the JD

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

BTW, spelling is OK with either Whisky, or Whiskey, although I usually associate the latter with bourbon's ...... bring on the JD

Whisky = from Scotland (nectar) and also Canada (never tried)

Whiskey = from US and Ireland (both cats piss).

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Now you're talking. This can (and in my house is) be drunk in pints. 
a decent measure of JD, 6-7 ice cubes and topped to the top of a pint glass with Coke Zero! 

JD and coke is only to be drunk at events where the intention is to get pissed as drinking that much beer means you spend most of the evening emptying your bladder….

Im with @Andy135 a good malt is to be enjoyed on its on, no water, no ice and definitely no coke 😂😂😂😂