Solent

Josh

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Well I was being kind seeing as you went to some effort to go get it! 

Haha yes ! Sounds like there was a good few out there today, be nice if we have a bit more weather like that to go with them 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Haha yes ! Sounds like there was a good few out there today, be nice if we have a bit more weather like that to go with them 

How was the fog ? Andy and I were out on the solent and the return was probably 80 yards visibility at best

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

How was the fog ? Andy and I were out on the solent and the return was probably 80 yards visibility at best

Yeah I’d say about that too, it did lift a bit around 3pm but didn’t want to move far.

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Turn , turn , click..... spin...

oh dear ....

threads gone... wow this is a first

Sorry to nag Josh, but you should always carry a wooden or cork plug, for those with sea cocks they should be carrying a size for every sea-cock ..................

BTW: Your plan was perfect and it definitely works, but once you have got rid of the water by planing, then run back to the stern and stuff some rag tightly in the hole with a screwdriver to pack it in ...........

On the RIB we don't have an outside bung, just a hull void drain into the sump, which is pumped by an automatic Johnson Bilge pump .............. for the deck I have 2 x 100mm elephant trunks and once lowered these remove water at the rate of 38,400Litre per Hour ...................I have only used them twice, once out on the wrecks I took a huge wave over the stern from a charter boat that should have known better (I gave him earache on 16) ................and the second time was drifting beam to the sea (2m swell in overfalls), when I took a huge wave over the tubes (next to no freeboard on a RIB) ...............

Well done on the Cod, superb fish ..................👍

Thanks GPs

ill take any piece of advice mate especially when it comes to safety. Appreciate it

ill be sure to source a wooden plug 

And aswell as a new bung set up for next trip...

whats people’s thoughts on

Plastic vs the metal bungs.

sounds a bit scary those waves at overfalls 

10 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Good report and lovely cod. Well done 👍👍.

I've never heard of a bung thread stripping. Presume you'll need to replace the whole bung fitting, plus new bung? Top bodging to save the day.

Thanks Andy,

yes will be getting straight on to a new one today, just need to decide if there’s a need to hunt for a little extra quality in the material .. that’s probably the original unit. Which means 14years of tight screwing suppose these things can happen, unfortunately.

like for like will no doubt see me good