Un invited

Saintly Fish

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

So this could be a new twist... I've just been re-invited for the session I was uninvited for. What do we reckon, will he bump me again before tomorrow?

#fishingwiththeindecisive

Carry on like that and maybe!! 🤔

So the plot thickens - we almost got out on Tarlach Too today, but mechanical gremlins stopped play. But I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that I successfully re-uninvited @Saintly Fish and Leo on Jersey Girl. We were half way to Gosport for a back-up session when I remembered that I didn't have my boat keys, so a quick call later they were successfully bumped. Phew!

11 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

So the plot thickens - we almost got out on Tarlach Too today, but mechanical gremlins stopped play. But I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that I successfully re-uninvited @Saintly Fish and Leo on Jersey Girl. We were half way to Gosport for a back-up session when I remembered that I didn't have my boat keys, so a quick call later they were successfully bumped. Phew!

It certainly was a morning of comedy fuck ups and bloopers. 
We better get a cod this year, looks like I may be out of action til end October. JG it is!! 
No pressure  skip. 

13 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Why wouldn’t you keep a spare set in the marina office or hidden on the boat? 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

Why wouldn’t you keep a spare set in the marina office or hidden on the boat? 

Yeah, you're right. I should have left a set with the marina office. But when I joined Premier Gosport they never asked for a set and I never really saw any need to give them one... until now 😶.

Just now, Andy135 said:

Yeah, you're right. I should have left a set with the marina office. But when I joined Premier Gosport they never asked for a set and I never really saw any need to give them one... until now 😶.

School boy error. And you try to make out you're smart. 

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

It certainly was a morning of comedy fuck ups and bloopers. 
We better get a cod this year, looks like I may be out of action til end October. JG it is!! 
No pressure  skip. 

We will get a cod to Jersey Girl this season or bust.

Bust, most likely....

Just now, Andy135 said:

They probably never told you to wipe your arse either.

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

School boy error. And you try to make out you're smart. 

So here's the kicker... I usually keep a set of keys in the car to avoid forgetting them at dark o'clock in the morning on a cold winter's day.

But I took them out for our road trip to the south of France as I knew I wouldn't be needing them. Did I put them back in....? Of course I fucking didn't. Twat.

4 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Not good.... Hydraulics goosed ya think? Or something more substantial? Or something daft like prop come loose??

I'm hoping it's the shaft slipping in the coupling. ATF was a bit low so topped up, but made no difference. Mechanic in our marina reckons ATF oil pump may be faulty. Not sure what difference that'd make though??

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'm hoping it's the shaft slipping in the coupling. ATF was a bit low so topped up, but made no difference. Mechanic in our marina reckons ATF oil pump may be faulty. Not sure what difference that'd make though??

You have a hydraulic clutch, usually there is a set of plates in a basket like a motorbike clutch, when the rpm is high enough, the oil pump exerts enough pressure on the plates to get drive. If the pump is faulty you will lose pressure and therefore drive. If you are losing ATF then you may have a high pressure seal leaking and causing loss of drive...

That's my understanding of boat gearboxes anyway. Bit like a JCB drive pack