One for the Guitarists out there

suzook12

2 hours ago, JonC said:

Does your wife know about this?

This sounds like a good topic for a country and western song.

Do you know my wife? You must introduce me to her sometime 🤣

Sorry mate, don't live anywhere near preston......

4 hours ago, JonC said:

Does your wife know about this?

This sounds like a good topic for a country and western song.

Yes, she's also coming to the music shop (incase we need extra money!!). Its a days drive to the shop though. Its funny, many youngsters really like country songs here, which wasn't the case when I was young living in the UK.

3 hours ago, headlight said:

What is it ?

What are the pups ?

What Floyd is it, licensed, special, 1000 ?

It's an ESP ltd, MH-400 FR

Pups are EMG 81/85

It's the FR special

Hoping to land a line 6 spider jam2 to go with...... 👍

Dont have a lot of space for effects pedals, the spider fits that bill, and it has recording loop etc as well as amp modelling. It will also cope with gigging should I go back down that road...... I used to run an H&H 100w 2 channel head (nicked from a combo) run through 2 2x12 PA cabs with bass reflex. Trouble with that was it needed to be cranked to get the sound, whereas the new generation modelling amps can provide the sound without blowing the windows out....... I had a Marshall practice amp and a fender amp, both sounded shite to be fair.....

Even with a Guvnor or shredmaster pedal, they didn't sound "right"...... So having consulted my guitar guru and lots of research, the spider got the nod, was either that or a katana 50.....

I would love to have enough room to run a JCM800 with 4 x 12 but heyho

Katana 50 is what I would have suggested, I"ve had one for 2 years now as my main practice amp.

Personally I would say the Katana is a much better amp than a Spider Jam.

I"ve had 2 Spiders and not got on with either of them although I have a Line 6 Flextone 111 2 x12, 150watt which I love.

I also have a Line 6 Amplifi TT which I like so nothing against Line 6 products just didn"t like the 2 Spiders I had.

3 hours ago, headlight said:

Katana 50 is what I would have suggested, I"ve had one for 2 years now as my main practice amp.

Personally I would say the Katana is a much better amp than a Spider Jam.

I"ve had 2 Spiders and not got on with either of them although I have a Line 6 Flextone 111 2 x12, 150watt which I love.

I also have a Line 6 Amplifi TT which I like so nothing against Line 6 products just didn"t like the 2 Spiders I had.

Fair enough mate, if I don't like it it will get moved on, but the ones I've heard I've liked.... We will see 👍

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Anyone else think these two are talking a totally foreign language?? 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Personally I think they’re just making up words and adding numbers to the ends of them. Especially @headlight

We've been rumbled @headlight

Edited by suzook12

13 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

How'd you do that name link thing?

Type the @ symbol followed by the first letter of the person you want to tag, then let the site populate a list of members that begin with the letter you chose, then click on the one you want to tag, @suzook12