Scottish rod builder

4 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

He’s slow.........

Maybe, but I’m in no rush. He has repaired a snapped rod for me that looked better than when new. I have much confidence in his quality and would be prepared to wait. 

Having said that Luke, just HOW GOOD are the other two?

1 hour ago, iowspence said:

@Odysseydid you see them rods Legacy done recently for Liam 😍😍😍

Stunning....

Im still waiting for rods off stan. I’ve got one of his builds second hand just soooo slow. I’d go to Legacy next time or get the bits sent to him to finish off 🤣

https://cainscustomrods.webs.com/

I know he has sent rods all over the world, currently is doing some work for an American company, and all I can say is, he is very very good and he doesn't charge anywhere near enough and is the guy many others go to to find out how to do things like colour fades etc.

I can't recommend this guy highly enough. He just repaired a Grey's prodigy for me that was my Dad's, 2 rings were replces and I couldn't tell which 2 when it was done!!

Edited by suzook12

On 11/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, suzook12 said:

https://cainscustomrods.webs.com/

I know he has sent rods all over the world, currently is doing some work for an American company, and all I can say is, he is very very good and he doesn't charge anywhere near enough and is the guy many others go to to find out how to do things like colour fades etc.

I can't recommend this guy highly enough. He just repaired a Grey's prodigy for me that was my Dad's, 2 rings were replces and I couldn't tell which 2 when it was done!!

Shame he doesn’t answer his emails though Steve. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just heard from Stan. Poor guy been in hospital quite a bit this year. Apologised for delay on my rods abs will hopefully get them done in Dec/Jan. 

Hopefully have a raft of new kit to start year now...

Look out on the classifieds as I shift the old stuff 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so an update on this. Stan is no longer the builder of choice.

Having gone through all of Leo’s design with him, he came back and basically told me.... you can’t have that, you can have this but only in these colours. But I can’t do the design you want there. Oh and by the way. I can’t start til mid to late February. This after he told me mid Jan for completion. 
He ended up with not a great attitude to be honest. More of a take it or leave it. So I’ve fucked him off. 
I got an email from Chris Dance yesterday to tell me the rod had arrived!! Should be 2-3 weeks for returned product.