LymeBay Wrecks - 4th Feb

GPSguru

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Top dangling though. Solo trip? Well done. Hope the Jeep issue isn't terminal or expensive 😬

I think it is related to electrical gremlins due to water ingress. If you remember, this time last year I had a similar issue which was causing the rear wiper to operate with a N/S indicator, and it turned out to be under carpet water ingess into a connector. I also made myself ill by tasting the water to see if it was sea water from my waders, or a rainwater leak.

Well, it has been Ok all summer, and since the autumn rain, the driver's side carpet is soaking wet again. I have found the leak, it was loose self tappers on the secondary door seal rubber fixing that goes down the outside of the 'A' pillar. The windscreen fitter didn't tighten the screws when they fitted a new screen some 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, there is a large wiring loom recessed in the driver's floor plan, and I am guessing there are some issues in the loom. The stored codes are saying that the 4 wheel drive select ID switch is faulty, and it doesn't know if it is in 2 or 4 wheel drive, and the second code says the gear select push/pull switch is faulty, and the drivetrain module doesn't know what gear it is in. The wiring for both of those switches will be in that loom. This time I am not going to taste the water, as that was 7 weeks of antibiotics !

I know both the switches are working, as I get the correct dashboard indications, so I am guessing it will be a bad earth, or a partially broken wire, or a cross contact between 2 wires due to the water ingress, I am thinking the latter.

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

I think it is related to electrical gremlins due to water ingress. If you remember, this time last year I had a similar issue which was causing the rear wiper to operate with a N/S indicator, and it turned out to be under carpet water ingess into a connector. I also made myself ill by tasting the water to see if it was sea water from my waders, or a rainwater leak.

Well, it has been Ok all summer, and since the autumn rain, the driver's side carpet is soaking wet again. I have found the leak, it was loose self tappers on the secondary door seal rubber fixing that goes down the outside of the 'A' pillar. The windscreen fitter didn't tighten the screws when they fitted a new screen some 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, there is a large wiring loom recessed in the driver's floor plan, and I am guessing there are some issues in the loom. The stored codes are saying that the 4 wheel drive select ID switch is faulty, and it doesn't know if it is in 2 or 4 wheel drive, and the second code says the gear select push/pull switch is faulty, and the drivetrain module doesn't know what gear it is in. The wiring for both of those switches will be in that loom. This time I am not going to taste the water, as that was 7 weeks of antibiotics !

I know both the switches are working, as I get the correct dashboard indications, so I am guessing it will be a bad earth, or a partially broken wire, or a cross contact between 2 wires due to the water ingress, I am thinking the latter.

Yes, a short or corrosion due to water would be my guess too.

By the sound of it you had a great trip 👏

I wasn’t able to get out Saturday but did get down to check my boat at low water and saw your Jeep and trailer parked up. I guessed it was yours and must have just missed you coming in…. I’d have taken those Pout had you kept them 🤣 despite the disgusting smell when gutting they taste delicious, underrated imo 😬

Cracking job on the Cod though! 😊