Jacket, one piece for boat or shore???

Recommend me something along those lines. I have a RN goretex jacket which is great but it would be nice to have a jacket or one piece for cooler weather. Don't do much winter shore fishing but it could get me out more and I wonder if a floatation suit suit both boat and shore? Pros and cons of them?

Many thanks. 

I’ve had a few different suits, one and two piece. Current one is an imax thing 
All of them are too bulky and restrictive in my opinion to a point where they are off putting to wear. 
Next time I’ll go for musto or helly Hanson - far better quality. 

I have an Imax flotation suit for both boat and shore and it is bulky - guess it has to be to be a floatation suit - but i ordered large and its huge on me.

As jon says puts me off wearing it unless its really cold - having said that - it is very warm - good cuffs, great hood, high collar - loads of pockets, whistle, high vis all the things you want/need 

I also have a thermal smock form imax it is also large and fits well - much comfier to wear - so i put it down to the flotation element.

i would advise a 2 piece though - you can mix and match then! otherwise its all or nothing!

I use a thermal waterproof bib & braces thing from Vass, with neoprene wellies and a neoprene Stormr Stryker foul weather jacket, deliberately one size too large so that I can layer up underneath. Seems to work ok. I also use an auto life jacket on top when on the boat.

I avoided one piece suits as it seems like a faff to take off when you want a pee. The bib & braces are bad enough but at least I can keep my jacket on whilst at the gunnel.

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

I use a thermal waterproof bib & braces thing from Vass, with neoprene wellies and a neoprene Stormr foul weather jacket, deliberately one size too large so that I can layer up underneath. Seems to work ok. I also use an auto life jacket on top when on the boat.

I avoided one piece suits as it seems like a faff to take off when you want a pee. The bib & braces are bad enough but at least I can keep my jacket on whilst at the gunnel.

It must have been quite a challenge for you on JG with those high gunnels.(like a midget at a urinal comes to mind 🤣)

On 2/10/2023 at 6:05 PM, Andy135 said:

Risky business - my stepdad was the sergeant on the Ashburton (solent marine police) and (grim as it sounds) most of the bodies he recovered had their flys open or trousers down.....

I prefer to "Bucket & chuckit" and of course my bucket of choice is a bright orange B&Q bucket £1 

6 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

IMAX what? Two piece/one piece?? Details...

Jacket as I'm a cheapskate, well I have lightweight goretex leggings and also padded nylon salopettes which won't last too long (Aldi) so they will do in the meantime. If I went one/two piece then I would not wear the old stuff I already have and it would be a waste and I can buy salopettes in a couple of years time when the cheaper stuff is wrecked or not allowed back in the house. 🤮