Am I missing something.

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes Jon but it’s ok, I found the forth laying on the dogs towel by the back door!

F’ing level wind still don’t work though. 😡

Check under the cap on the underside of the levelwind bar, there's a small "V" shaped stud that sometimes snaps, so doesn't engage with the grooves in the level wind spindle

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

If that don’t fix it, check for crud on the worm drive. 

if you can’t fix it, send it over abs I’ll have a look 🙂 

It moves about a 5th of the way then returns back to the start. I have cleaned it and striped it but can see the problem. My eye sights not what it was though. 

Hijack alert! 
I was quite impressed with the salt build up inside my 6500s when I opened one up for the photo shoot. I haven’t cleaned them for maybe 10 years properly so that might be why. Still working perfectly though. 

99C5C8D8-31D0-44EE-93C1-0DC48EB38D02.jpeg

I had one where the sliding plate that locates the drive bar was that flexi, the gear kept mpving out of alignment......

They are extremely simple to fix mate, Blak Dog tackle does loads of spares for them....

If you're not casting with the reel you can leave those blocks out

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

If that don’t fix it, check for crud on the worm drive. 

if you can’t fix it, send it over abs I’ll have a look 🙂 

Is it my imagination or did I buy it from you Luke? Or did you put me on to it on eBay? Somewhere I’m sure you were involved. 

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Is it my imagination or did I buy it from you Luke? Or did you put me on to it on eBay? Somewhere I’m sure you were involved. 

I saw it on eBay and suggested it. I was going to buy it for Emma as she is a leftie

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Think I’ll send it off for repair. 
@Maverick does Dave still belong to the PBSBAC massive? Is he still repairing reels? 

Neil, no Dave is no longer a member of PBSBAC.  Sadly due to his having cancer treatment he is no longer undertaking reel repairs.  Hopefully when he is cured he will restart his business

The level wind parts are easy to service/replace.  Remove the screw on the bottom of the line bar then remove the pawl (as said above) order a new pawl online then fully clean and reinstate the bar pawl and screw thingy.  That should do it failing that find a decent plumber/bathroom fitter to do it for you 

:smileys-fish-430558:

7 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Neil, no Dave is no longer a member of PBSBAC.  Sadly due to his having cancer treatment he is no longer undertaking reel repairs.  Hopefully when he is cured he will restart his business

Oh ok, that’s bad and sad. I didn’t realise he was ill. If you see him please pass on my regards. 

42 minutes ago, Maverick said:

The level wind parts are easy to service/replace.  Remove the screw on the bottom of the line bar then remove the pawl (as said above) order a new pawl online then fully clean and reinstate the bar pawl and screw thingy.  That should do it failing that find a decent plumber/bathroom fitter to do it for you 

:smileys-fish-430558:

Do I get a point for using the correct name of part? Must be worth something?