F***ing boat - my tale of woe.

18 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Friendly reminder for us all that @Jon cook's thread is in danger of being trashed. Can we keep it on topic and vaguely civil please?

In that case you need to reign in a member of the SLT, who was the instigator of this wayward thread direction.  His attempts at humour are quite pathetic. Perhaps he needs to attend a management course 🙄

As an unbiased casual observer, who just happens to have been bought a pint by a scaffolder, I reckon this time Jon C is in the right!!!

Bag of pork scratchings as well please mate

43 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

In that case you need to reign in a member of the SLT, who was the instigator of this wayward thread direction.  His attempts at humour are quite pathetic. Perhaps he needs to attend a management course 🙄

You started it  🤣

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

That's tu Fred's in one day Jon's managed to disrupt!! 

I didn’t wreck tadpole’s decking post - that was ruined before I got there 

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Friendly reminder for us all that @Jon cook's thread is in danger of being trashed. Can we keep it on topic and vaguely civil please?

It's all good, brings a smiles to ones face.... there's evidently a bromance here who are we to get in thier way.💙💙💙

10 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Any pics?

Can you use a spacer plate for mounting the hitch for clearance? Is it the actual handbrake lever thats not clearing or the linkage underneath?

It's the securing plate for the handbrake dampner hand hangs out the rear..... New plate is only 24 quid so thinking of  cutting / Grinding some of it out.

1 hour ago, Jon cook said:

20230504_100610.jpg

How thick would a spacer need to be so that the handbrake energy retainer bracket sits a couple of mm above that cross member ?

The spacers are commercially available, there is one fitted on my Ifor Williams 2T  trailer, they are usually aluminium, so weight is not an issue, but raising the hitch height maybe an issue if it is more them 10 or 15 mm.

Here is a pic from my ifor, which uses the same hitch, and you can clearly see the spacer, which looks like 20mm

IMG_2142.thumb.jpeg.811a676ef1c99fa14d1d683fd8862995.jpeg

Edited by GPSguru

Alas, this wouldn't have been an option given I would have had to raise it by a good 75mm and the brake rods would have been in contact  / rubbing with the cross member.

After alot of researching alternative couplings I was no further forward, so out came the grinder and the energy bracket has had a make over.