F***ing boat - my tale of woe.

where I'm at 3 month later.

Weather and work have been the main reason for the lack of progress, but i've taken this week off to make a dent on her.

The trailer axle with pressed in suspension units needed replacing, to after a 8 week wait ive fitted a new axle along new wheels and was just waiting on the new coupling before connecting it all up.

The original was well.past it best and Peak no longer make couplings, nor were spares available.

I was assured a knott kf series would fit. This  arrived yesterdsy, needless to say - it doeant fit!!!

The cross member is in the way of the handbrake. I'm limited on options given the 100mm centre front fixing but options include extending the trailer, with a bispoke mounting plate or cutting out said cross member and reweldibg in a new one to make space - either option is gonna cost! 

All those extra seats that had been added..... the idiot that installed them for some reason decided to core out the deck. Gawd knows why, as the shaft of the seats didn't lower beyond the base plate. These x5 100mm  holes have now been filled and glassed over in this weeks good weather.  Its not what you'd call pretty, but once rubbed back down and the deck painted will be perfectly servicable as a fishing platform.

The electrics was a proper mess, new rewire, duel battrey set up with blue sea add a battrey kit - gawd tinned wire has gone up over the last 3 years!!

I've decided to keep the rubbing stipes for this year at least - too much work.

Shes all rubbed down in anticipation on antifouling.

Needs a good polishing and waxing, which is tomorrow or saturdays job. 

Special thanks to @Saintly Fish,  for my new Garmin UHD2 95SV, I wasn't gonna bother with this as it's abit extravagant, but what the heck.

Only thing I'm waiting on is the coupling issue to be resolved and I can get her in the water.

Need to invest in a new auxiliary outboard... seems that 2nd hand are holding thier value so I may as well buy new.

I'm thinking of calling her 'MoneyPit'.

To be cont.........

Might sound a bit blunt but if you're worried about the price of tinned wire going up then boating may not be for you. There's nothing cheap about being afloat, but I guess you've already figured that out 😱🤣.

Keep going though - it'll be a great feeling once you're boating fish on marks that you've sussed yourself. Nothing beats it in my view 👍

Yes @Andy135 you did sound very blunt, remember not everyone is as well heeled as yourself.   I think that the mention of wire price was more of a general observation of the run away inflation that us poor people are struggling with at the moment 

9 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Don't suppose your self employed Jon? 
If so, you could always get a new Tohatsu 2 stroke as an aux engine. I did it, got a new 5hp 2 stoke for my tender, think it was £1200 iirc. 

No matey.

I'll stick with 4 stroke, mainly for ease. I'm thinking the Tohatsu 6hp or mariner 6hp. Both around that sort of money.

1 minute ago, Jon cook said:

No matey.

I'll stick with 4 stroke, mainly for ease. I'm thinking the Tohatsu 6hp or mariner 6hp. Both around that sort of money.

2 stroke offers a lighter engine to hang off the transome with more power. For an aux I'd go 2 stroke all the way. Either way, Tohatsu is a good choice.

7 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Might sound a bit blunt but if you're worried about the price of tinned wire going up then boating may not be for you. There's nothing cheap about being afloat, but I guess you've already figured that out 😱🤣.

Keep going though - it'll be a great feeling once you're boating fish on marks that you've sussed yourself. Nothing beats it in my view 👍

As @JonC alluded too it was more in reference to inflation.

I Wired  in a 2nd battrey and charging kit into my motor 3 years ago to run a fridge etc for camping trip.

Wire and components seem to have doubled in that time frame.

Making progress which is the main thing, but I just want it finished now!

2 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

As @JonC alluded too it was more in reference to inflation.

I Wired  in a 2nd battrey and charging kit into my motor 3 years ago to run a fridge etc for camping trip.

Wire and components seem to have doubled in that time frame.

Making progress which is the main thing, but I just want it finished now!

We expect to see floating picks by Monday!! 🤣

don't do an @Geoffor @captin slows old outlaw and take years.

@GPSguru why the optimistic emoji thing? The OP confirmed my suspicions so I was on the money. As always. 
You just need to get a crush on someone else. Someone older maybe, nearer your own age. 

2 hours ago, JonC said:

@GPSguru why the optimistic emoji thing? The OP confirmed my suspicions so I was on the money. As always. 
You just need to get a crush on someone else. Someone older maybe, nearer your own age. 

God forbid, you really are an ugly faggot with an ego the size of a feckin planet.

let folk judge on your faggotness,

spacer.png

Edited by GPSguru

12 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

God forbid, you really are an ugly faggot with an ego the size of a feckin planet.

let folk judge on your faggotness,

spacer.png

Kept the photo though I see. 

12 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I guess even a simple search on the forum is way beyond your technical expertise 🙄

Ask yourself one question, who are you actually lying to? 
We all know who you are thinking of when you go to the wank bank. It’s a bit disturbing but understandable. 

8 minutes ago, JonC said:

Ask yourself one question, who are you actually lying to? 
We all know who you are thinking of when you go to the wank bank. It’s a bit disturbing but understandable. 

You really know how to degrade what is essentially a good discussion forum. Sinking to these sort of unacceptable depths is not helpful, and as a member of the SLT, you should know better and equally you should stop making yourself look a complete twat.

I am sure @Andy135and @Saintly Fishare exasperated by your poor thought process

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

You really know how to degrade what is essentially a good discussion forum. Sinking to these sort of unacceptable depths is not helpful, and as a member of the SLT, you should know better and equally you should stop making yourself look a complete twat.

They’re probably wondering why you’re carrying a picture of me around with you🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Not at all. I think it's hilarious 🤣🤣

Ok so I’ve delved a bit deeper into this through OOs records and stats facility.

That picture has been viewed 759 times in the last 2 years, always by the same person and usually late at night for a duration of 3 minutes. 
That’s not me guessing, that’s counting and the system doesn’t make mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, JonC said:

Ok so I’ve delved a bit deeper into this through OOs records and stats facility.

That picture has been viewed 759 times in the last 2 years, always by the same person and usually late at night for a duration of 3 minutes. 
That’s not me guessing, that’s counting and the system doesn’t make mistakes. 

You really are a total fuckwit. Your technical ability couldn't engineer your way out of a paper bag, much less interrogate the forum stats. Carry on dreaming.