Skerries last Monday

thejollysinker

What a cracking day out! Very well dangled 👍. You worked hard for your fish but it shows they're there if you know where to look. Well done.

Shame you didn't find any dogfish though... suppose you can't win 'em all! 🤣

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

What a cracking day out! Very well dangled 👍. You worked hard for your fish but it shows they're there if you know where to look. Well done.

Shame you didn't find any dogfish though... suppose you can't win 'em all! 🤣

Made a pleasant change to not catch one 😜

38 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Great report and fishing. Well done. You mentioned weighing the blonde later in the day, how did you keep it alive, or did you dispatch it and eat?

Ta very much 😊

killed it and kept it in a big flexi bucket with fresh water over and over until the swell died down.

It’s currently in my digestive system I think 🤔 ate a large portion last night, bloody lovely it was too 😋😋😋IMG_4020.jpeg.9e395b9d18aaea150b31d9cbcc75088e.jpegIMG_4022.jpeg.47fa5ab6b3a94cd1bd6a055e6a3275f6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

Ta very much 😊

killed it and kept it in a big flexi bucket with fresh water over and over until the swell died down.

It’s currently in my digestive system I think 🤔 ate a large portion last night, bloody lovely it was too 😋😋😋IMG_4020.jpeg.9e395b9d18aaea150b31d9cbcc75088e.jpegIMG_4022.jpeg.47fa5ab6b3a94cd1bd6a055e6a3275f6.jpeg

I had skate wings before in a pub, it was fucking horrible 🤢

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I had skate wings before in a pub, it was fucking horrible 🤢

hadn't been done properly then from catch to plate. It's actually quite bland (but then again my taste buds are getting worn out.....) but, the flesh is silky soft in lovely long strands. The batter I did was banging, no special recipe and fried really hot for about 4 mins.... came out like chippie standard fish, nom nom nom!

Get one yourself and try it. Gotta get that slime out with lots of soaking. The water I was pouring away was like syrup... then scrape it well and dry as best you can, nail it to a board and skin it (I used a knife but some people pull with pliers). Leave in the fridge to rest a couple of days, dry as you can then make that batter. Fry it hot and serve up, guarantee you'll like it. 😉

IMG_4019.jpeg

Edited by thejollysinker

19 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The Slimy Lazy Twats..

Try harder. Lazy? Who does that refer to? We spend hours each night making this thing work for you so that when you remember where you are and what you’re doing there’s something for you to read. 
And as for calling @Andy135 slimy, well that’s just not nice. 

28 minutes ago, JonC said:

Try harder. Lazy? Who does that refer to? We spend hours each night making this thing work for you so that when you remember where you are and what you’re doing there’s something for you to read. 

Well tbh to get one out of 3 aint bad 😉😇🤣🖕

Edited by GPSguru