Reefs today

Odyssey

21 hours ago, JDP said:

Great size for eating, were these over rough ground or on a wreck ?

Over rough ground. Lots of inshore reefs and headlands to fish around, light gear is great fun. Most fish 2-3lb best about 5lb so nothing massive but a nice eating fish

14 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I take it they were paying customers? How's the diary looking?

Paying customers, diary is full until mid August but I may have a spare weekend left…. Hopefully have a better idea one what kind of bookings I’ll be after for September from early July…. 

29 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Paying customers, diary is full until mid August but I may have a spare weekend left…. Hopefully have a better idea one what kind of bookings I’ll be after for September from early July…. 

Well I hope you have blanked out 3 days!!

6 hours ago, JDP said:

In the first image behind the fella holding the pollack is something causing a fair amount of rust, what is it ? 

This section is for catch reports and not for boat maintenance enquiries. There is a whole separate section for those type of questions. Please try to stay on topic, if you’re in any doubt just read the big words at the top of the page. 

6 hours ago, JDP said:

In the first image behind the fella holding the pollack is something causing a fair amount of rust, what is it ? 

That is a magnetic knife holder from Ikea that is stuck on with Sikaflex…. I can’t get rid of it (stuck on too well) so I keep cleaning the rust off every few weeks but mite keeps coming back… was there went bought boat. Any ideas on how to remove it welcomed! 

8 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

That is a magnetic knife holder from Ikea that is stuck on with Sikaflex…. I can’t get rid of it (stuck on too well) so I keep cleaning the rust off every few weeks but mite keeps coming back… was there went bought boat. Any ideas on how to remove it welcomed! 

Piano wire down the back but please don’t encourage the shackle dragger to repeatedly fly post in the wrong section. 

5 hours ago, JonC said:

Piano wire down the back but please don’t encourage the shackle dragger to repeatedly fly post in the wrong section. 

It’s on the to-do list….

10 hours ago, Josh said:

Lovely haul there Luke !

Prefer to be sharking but can only do what the customer wants…. Got a shark charter this weekend but weather looks dodgy 😭

52 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Prefer to be sharking but can only do what the customer wants…. Got a shark charter this weekend but weather looks dodgy 😭

Yeah quite a limited stretch of water i imagine with the wind out there ..

but an amazing place… I got to fish it on a live aboard a couple years ago on size matters . Great boat & skipper  for out there .

but never been myself not on the warrior… I’m sure it can be done but with so many variables could make it quite a job to plan

and a lot of amazing fishing on the south coast to contend with at half the risks probably. 

coming from the same guy who towed all the way to irleand from Kent 🤔

good luck with the weekend charter we will await your report bud🫡🦈

Edited by Josh