Barbie….

Odyssey

10 hours ago, JDP said:

Im heading to see this tomorrow, just wish I was going with MrC rather then the Mrs.

Sorry, but why the fuck would any self respecting man go and see this film!

Grab your coat @JDP

Edited by Saintly Fish

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah, well I'll wait for your review thanks! 

Barbie has broken $1bn in two weeks breaking several records. I don’t wait to see what other people think, I use my own opinion. It was a fun movie full of good humour, surprisingly very enjoyable.  

IMG_9736.thumb.jpeg.2ecda71d6a828c2f7eaefed2105a03d3.jpeg

41 minutes ago, JDP said:

Barbie has broken $1bn in two weeks breaking several records. I don’t wait to see what other people think, I use my own opinion. It was a fun movie full of good humour, surprisingly very enjoyable.  

IMG_9736.thumb.jpeg.2ecda71d6a828c2f7eaefed2105a03d3.jpeg

Hopefully you took some 8 year old kids with you.

53 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That's what @JonC whispered to you isn't it...

Exactly but he said it was our secret🤐 Im not sure if I can ever trust him again now even if he did do a great job painting my nails. 

If he's sinking ships with his loose lips, Im blabbing that he ate all the pink marshmallows after telling me its more about the colour than the flavour. I can't stay angry at him though, the way he pushes them over his fingers and so delicately pops them in his mouth is truly wonderful.

7 hours ago, JDP said:

Exactly but he said it was our secret🤐 Im not sure if I can ever trust him again now even if he did do a great job painting my nails. 

If he's sinking ships with his loose lips, Im blabbing that he ate all the pink marshmallows after telling me its more about the colour than the flavour. I can't stay angry at him though, the way he pushes them over his fingers and so delicately pops them in his mouth is truly wonderful.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

On 8/9/2023 at 9:06 AM, Saintly Fish said:

Hopefully you took some 8 year old kids with you.

Offer of sweets to come before or after? 🫣 Steady the boat, the Outlaws are at it again! 🤣

If its any consolation at all, my 13 YO daughter thought Barbie was wooooonderful! With Ryan Gosling getting a special mention at dispatches.. bless.

41 minutes ago, Hoop said:

Offer of sweets to come before or after? 🫣 Steady the boat, the Outlaws are at it again! 🤣

If its any consolation at all, my 13 YO daughter thought Barbie was wooooonderful! With Ryan Gosling getting a special mention at dispatches.. bless.

Yes but she's a 13 year old girl. That's appropriate, I'm pretty sure @JDP is a male in his late 40's / early 50's !! Unless he now identifies differently ??🤷🏻‍♂️ 

25 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes but she's a 13 year old girl. That's appropriate, I'm pretty sure @JDP is a male in his late 40's / early 50's !! Unless he now identifies differently ??🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Late 50's. 

Just ordered some barbie stickers for my boat.

I personally think the humour and messages in the movie are aimed more towards adults, its actually very funny.

28 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You see what I did there!?

My conundrum is that my daughter is adamant her dad needs to see it!!? Gosling was awesome in the new Bladerunner, and whilst I appreciate much of the comedy in Barbie will be aimed at an older audience, I'm not so sure it will be aimed at me. Kinda feels abit...  Love Island-esq to me.

Am leaving the Conger alone this weekend, in favour of the cinema! I'm over to see Oppenheimer tomorrow, didn't have any availability last weekend across whiteley, Port Solent or Gunwharf.. so here's hoping.

10 minutes ago, JDP said:

Just ordered some barbie stickers for my boat.

Pictorial evidence is a must, here.. ensure the nails are freshly done and sneak into the shot! 🤩

13 hours ago, Hoop said:

You see what I did there!?

My conundrum is that my daughter is adamant her dad needs to see it!!? Gosling was awesome in the new Bladerunner, and whilst I appreciate much of the comedy in Barbie will be aimed at an older audience, I'm not so sure it will be aimed at me. Kinda feels abit...  Love Island-esq to me.

Am leaving the Conger alone this weekend, in favour of the cinema! I'm over to see Oppenheimer tomorrow, didn't have any availability last weekend across whiteley, Port Solent or Gunwharf.. so here's hoping.

Pictorial evidence is a must, here.. ensure the nails are freshly done and sneak into the shot! 🤩

Not only is the movie aimed towards adults, its also aimed at men in modern life, all of course in a very funny way. Its also your duty as a dad to do what your 13yr old daughter asks of you, its won't be long before she won't ask you anything!!!!

Yes the Barbie stickers will hopefully be placed (if they arrive in time) at strategic places on the boat for a big trip coming up very soon. Its one of those trips where I will be towing the boat some 9000km and living offshore on a remote island off the Northern Territory. The trip will hopefully contain swimming with sharks, fishing among saltwater crocodiles and plenty of game fish species. Im hoping to get film and photographs from as much of the trip as possible with the Barbie stickers showing in the hope it will attract certain members form this site down under!!!!!

I will try my best on the nails but I find Im not so good at doing my right hand with my left hand, might need some tips from the left handers on here.

Edited by JDP

17 hours ago, JDP said:

Not only is the movie aimed towards adults, its also aimed at men in modern life, all of course in a very funny way. Its also your duty as a dad to do what your 13yr old daughter asks of you, its won't be long before she won't ask you anything!!!!

So true!! Bar a hand holding request while getting her seconds pierced recently, Dad has long been relegated to past tense. 

When are we organising an outlaws meet on JDP's stretch? Even I should catch something.. what's the Aus equivalent of a Dogfish? 🫢

6 hours ago, Hoop said:

So true!! Bar a hand holding request while getting her seconds pierced recently, Dad has long been relegated to past tense. 

When are we organising an outlaws meet on JDP's stretch? Even I should catch something.. what's the Aus equivalent of a Dogfish? 🫢

We get no end of pesky dogfish here too, here’s my little girl with one.

IMG_4924.thumb.jpeg.d181b0f0132b5a348c9d03a20c1e662e.jpeg