Check and maintain your tow vehicle!

1 minute ago, suzook12 said:

oooohhhh..... Time to get the MIG out!!

You need to have metal to weld to! Poor fella was going to take the family out on his rib however it was low speed in the car park and not higher speed on multiple lanes!

Oh dear.... 😥

A mate of mine had something similar happen to his Nissan Navara. It was taken back and repaired by Nissan under some form of recall arrangement in the end as it turned out that a batch of Navara chassis had been auto-welded using too high a spark setting, making the welds brittle.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Oh dear.... 😥

A mate of mine had something similar happen to his Nissan Navara. It was taken back and repaired by Nissan under some form of recall arrangement in the end as it turned out that a batch of Navara chassis had been auto-welded using too high a spark setting, making the welds brittle.

Actually, it was caused by corrosion, but Nissan were fixing them outside of warranty. The back of the cab and start of the bed is a stress point, and water will run down the gap, add to that, on the Nissans, the front suspension mount was at the same place, so bad design not that Nissan ever did or would admit that...... That was on the D40 models.

Ironically, the B40 L200 suffers at the same spot, again probably not helped by the gap between bed and cab dumping water on the chassis at this point. Look on the forums and people are only too happy to brag about how much they've had on their trucks back, or how much they've dragged with it, well, these are the consequences....

Having said that, 10 minutes with a MIG...... 🤣

Nissan were saying it was a manufacturing error, but I daresay corrosion won't have helped either.

Interesting that this sort of chassis damage occurs across manufacturers. Seems like an inherent design flaw... aided and abetted by the Great British Weather.

Personally I blame Brexit 🫢😱🤣

Heading away with my boat and 4x4 this week, just had it checked as its smoking a bit. Turns out an injector is stuffed but dont have time to get it fixed before I head off. Also have extreme bush fires ahead where Im driving to so at least my smoky dmax will fit in well. My trailer is not looking its best either but passed its recent road worth inspection but will be the last long range trip I will do with it. 

19 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Nissan were saying it was a manufacturing error, but I daresay corrosion won't have helped either.

Interesting that this sort of chassis damage occurs across manufacturers. Seems like an inherent design flaw... aided and abetted by the Great British Weather.

Personally I blame Brexit 🫢😱🤣

you would