Goodbye Valkyrie

thejollysinker

On 11/21/2023 at 10:34 PM, thejollysinker said:

Sold it! She went Saturday and will be used by the new owner from his mooring in West Bay harbour next year after his boat got trashed in that recent storm.

Said he’d invite me up there to go out with him fishing….top bloke 👌🙂IMG_5217.thumb.jpeg.ae91996c60953d2f32c96fa944d79322.jpeg

Yes, I saw you down on the mooring with the new owner, and the next day it was gone, so I guessed you had sold it.

Well done on the quick sale ........👍

20 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, I saw you down on the mooring with the new owner, and the next day it was gone, so I guessed you had sold it.

Well done on the quick sale ........👍

I slashed the price, good reasons for doing so and it got the job done….. missing it already although I don’t think my missus is 🤣

I’ve had an offer from a boat owner there with a Quicksilver, bit bigger than mine, to go out with him to help him learn more about fishing and he says we could do a deal whereby I do cleaning and maintenance on his boat then I can use it for longer fishing trips on my own….. 

take some thinking about will that one 🤔

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2023 at 1:25 PM, thejollysinker said:

I’ve had an offer from a boat owner there with a Quicksilver, bit bigger than mine, to go out with him to help him learn more about fishing and he says we could do a deal whereby I do cleaning and maintenance on his boat then I can use it for longer fishing trips on my own….. 

take some thinking about will that one 🤔

Ok til it means " I need you to fill my boat up so I can use it"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 10:39 AM, Geoff said:

Lucky you, sounds like a good arrangement. In a fair world it means that you return the boat after your trip with the same amount of fuel as you started with! Geoff.

I get the gist that’s how it would work.

He’s a great guy, getting on a bit now and looking for a bit of help here and there and some advice on the fishing front as he’s not done very well in the past.

really not sure I’d want the responsibility of looking after someone else’s boat though….