Online lugworm source

Got a charter boat booked from Itchenor Harbour 3rd Jan. I live 50 miles from the sea so no tackle shops around here carry sea baits. Any recommendations for where I can get lug from and get it delivered or a tackle shop around that area that opens very early?

Thanks

Adam

Edited by LostPiker

20 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

https://www.baitsrus.com/

The owner, Andy, is a boat angler (he has a Predator 165 as it happens).

Or you can try your local Angling Direct - they sometimes stock frozen lug, or can order you some in.

I buy all my bait from Andy ....... top quality service and the Rag are like snakes .................

2 hours ago, LostPiker said:

Got a charter boat booked from Itchenor Harbour 3rd Jan. I live 50 miles from the sea so no tackle shops around here carry sea baits. Any recommendations for where I can get lug from and get it delivered or a tackle shop around that area that opens very early?

Thanks

Adam

Most charter boats supply bait, I would have a work with the skipper, usually they can supply extra on demand at cost

50 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Most charter boats supply bait, I would have a work with the skipper, usually they can supply extra on demand at cost

I’ve never know a charter skipper to supply worm baits though Steve. 
Squid, cuttle and other frozen baits yeah, but not fresh worm. Unless the skippers round my way are just miserable twats. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Squid, cuttle and other frozen baits yeah, but not fresh worm. Unless the skippers round my way are just miserable twats. 

They do round our way mate, guess it depends as to what they think you need? Always worth an ask. Our skipper generally goes to the tackle shop round the corner before we set off, and collects worm baits then, all nice and fresh. If we want additional we can order through him or use the dealer we have on speed dial...... 🤣

Guess everywhere is different, when I was going to kent, they were selling worms by the 20, my mate couldn't believe the quality of worm (better) we were getting and by the hundred...

41 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

They do round our way mate, guess it depends as to what they think you need? Always worth an ask. Our skipper generally goes to the tackle shop round the corner before we set off, and collects worm baits then, all nice and fresh. If we want additional we can order through him or use the dealer we have on speed dial...... 🤣

Guess everywhere is different, when I was going to kent, they were selling worms by the 20, my mate couldn't believe the quality of worm (better) we were getting and by the hundred...

Yes I suppose it is a bit area dependant .

Anyway how’s my power handle?

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

The Essex skippers I’ve been out with always have supplied bait if required. I can well understand them not wanting to though as it is more money lost if a trip gets cancelled