Boat anyone

8 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Looks like a nice craft. Shame about the devils spawn of an outdrive leg. 

Ive been using one when I skipper a friends boat which has been good but that boat is constantly maintained at the highest level. The boats my daughter skippers have them to but often need work at around 1600-2000hrs, which comes around pretty quickly given those boats are running everyday of the week.

12 minutes ago, JDP said:

Ive been using one when I skipper a friends boat which has been good but that boat is constantly maintained at the highest level. The boats my daughter skippers have them to but often need work at around 1600-2000hrs, which comes around pretty quickly given those boats are running everyday of the week.

I've had a twin engined twin outdrive  boat in the past and vowed never to go back to them. Four lift outs in a year for oil leaks on the rams. Even after new seals and shafts, they still leaked. I'd much rather drive slower and have less mechanics to go wrong. 

https://www.findafishingboat.com/cygnus-tornado-28/ad-134854

It’s an excellent boat. If you’re looking for an offshore capable boat it’ll knock the pants off Arvor 25 etc. you’re looking at a something akin to an offshore 25. It’s a very well priced piece of kit. 

Outdrive still under warranty. Modern legs are far more reliable if looked after. Volvo legs are used on a range of charter boats and as long as well maintained are ok. More fuel efficient than a shaft too…

13 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

But not enough to cover the servicing costs annually. 

I remember Bruce banging on about his service schedule, it was expensive even when he did it himself if it was done properly. 

45 minutes ago, JonC said:

I remember Bruce banging on about his service schedule, it was expensive even when he did it himself if it was done properly. 

Yep, a full service is about £3k bi annual. Plus the engine service.