An old video from a few years back (with sharks)

JDP

Ok before you get your hopes up some of you may of seen this and the sharks are simply swimming around, even big dogfish!!!!..sharks are toward the end.

My daughter might be buying herself a rib like the one we had, which was why I ended up looking back over this one. Much has changed since this, she now skippers a couple of local charter boats and has become even more addicted to the water. Her working day starts on the boats at around 4.30am and often doesn't finish until after 10pm. Days off because of bad weather are often the only time we share on the water from our boat these days. If its to bad for the ocean she heads fishing and deer hunting in the mountains. 

For me these are mostly memories now as Im to slow to keep up with any of her activities, hence why I enjoyed looking back on this video when we did far more together.

9 hours ago, JDP said:

Ok before you get your hopes up some of you may of seen this and the sharks are simply swimming around, even big dogfish!!!!..sharks are toward the end.

My daughter might be buying herself a rib like the one we had, which was why I ended up looking back over this one. Much has changed since this, she now skippers a couple of local charter boats and has become even more addicted to the water. Her working day starts on the boats at around 4.30am and often doesn't finish until after 10pm. Days off because of bad weather are often the only time we share on the water from our boat these days. If its to bad for the ocean she heads fishing and deer hunting in the mountains. 

For me these are mostly memories now as Im to slow to keep up with any of her activities, hence why I enjoyed looking back on this video when we did far more together.

Good video, remember seeing this on WSF.....

I guess this film also represents exactly why you moved to Oz in the first place.....

32 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Good video, remember seeing this on WSF.....

I guess this film also represents exactly why you moved to Oz in the first place.....

Yes that's right but its not just the water side of things, Ive always been fascinated by reptiles which there is an amazing variety of here. 

27 minutes ago, JDP said:

Yes that's right but its not just the water side of things, Ive always been fascinated by reptiles which there is an amazing variety of here. 

I was thinking more the opportunities for the kids, could you imagine your daughter getting to do all that over here?

6 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

its one place i allways whonted to go.

we were going there but got diverted, isinit just tipercall

Trouble is most people don't realise quite how big the country is and how long it takes to get a good feel for it here, each state is quite different. Most tourists only get a glamorous view from operators but getting away from this is what the true country is all about.

Ive caught up with a few people off the forums but the last 12 months with the fires and Covid has messed many peoples plans from the UK who were heading my way for a fish.