Transducer in double skinned hull

I have a 2008 Beneteau Antares7 with nanni 155hp engine.

I want to install a new transducer that shoots through the hull by bonding inside the boat. However the boat is double skinned. Does anyone know where there is an area in the boat that is NOT double skinned - or an easy way to do this??

Thanks in advance

Andy

9 minutes ago, JDP said:

You could cut through the top skin and put an inspection hatch where the transducer is to be fixed and run the lead under the floor to bring up under the helm. This could prove difficult is the hull is foam filled,

2040900968_ScreenShot2021-01-25at9_02_11pm.png.dab850cfecd1372360629a9adf705512.png

And then there is the question of where on the hull would give the cleanest water flow/best pick up of returns. If @andydavy, can find out where the manufacturers typically recommend an in-hull transducer, he could then investigate whether he can do as you suggest and cut away the top skin to fit a shoot-through in the same location.

11 minutes ago, andydavy said:

Boat currently has a b744 transducer which has been fitted through outer and inner skins! Trying to avoid pulling boat out of water. so it may need to be a cut through outer skin - ouch

In which case, could you cut the inner skin in the same place as the existing transducer but on the opposite side of the boat? In theory that would give you clean water and good sonar returns, assuming the current transducer performance is acceptable.

Silly question but why not use a transoms mount, these don't have to stay in the water, you can use an adjustable sliding transom mount where you simple drop the transducer to the correct depth each trip. Even all the charter boats on moorings tend to go for transoms mounted transducers over here.

57 minutes ago, andydavy said:

Boat currently has a b744 transducer which has been fitted through outer and inner skins! Trying to avoid pulling boat out of water. so it may need to be a cut through outer skin - ouch

Is this for a second transducer or is the thru hull B744 faulty ?

As already mentioned by JDP a transducer will not work through air or foam ( it has air in it). 

The thru hull B744 will not work with new chartplotter and it's so old no adapter cables are available. New ones are upwards of £400 and the old one will be an absolute pig to remove as they are bonded into the fairing.

I'm going to try a Vexilar SP200 from the states as it will run on navionics app which I already have, May have to do as JDP suggests until next time boat comes out of water.

The woes of old electronics - nothing is compatible and you end up having to start again!

I did tick agree with JonC, but am pretty sure that it will not work unless you happen to find a single skin section (most unlikely). Transom mount probably is your easiest and most economic choice. Geoff. ☺️

26 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I did tick agree with JonC, but am pretty sure that it will not work unless you happen to find a single skin section (most unlikely). Transom mount probably is your easiest and most economic choice. Geoff. ☺️

Yes, understand that it won’t work through foam filled hulls( unless it’s a waterlogged 1973 Wreck. But putting the transducer in a bag of water and moving it about won’t cost anything, as Swampy said there may well be solid areas. 
Contacting the manufacturer is definitely worth a go, not sure if they will be responsive though due to this virus thing, The French have been taking it all a lot more seriously than us.