No Madness

Maverick

Thanks Andy, she is a great fishing platform and one reason why I have never had teak look alike decks is because bare gel coat is easily washed down.

She is also great for long distance offshore work and weekends away but does like drinking the juice :classic_ohmy:

Hi Geoff

Thanks for the compliment, Neil has been out on Madness in fact I think it was the trip out with me that confirmed to him he wanted to upgrade to his current boat.

The crew, the grandchildren love playing around on the boat or more correctly jumping off.  Her indoors also liking the social side of boating.  The eldest boy and I love offshore fishing so she gets well used for allsorts of water play 

She has twin D3 170 hp diesels, flat out at 26 knots so not super quick but will cruise comfortably at 18/20 knots using about 40 litres per hour.

I keep a full fuel log and average consumption is about 15 lph but that includes slow plodding and drifting over wrecks with the engine running

Martin

Hi Martin, it is great to hear that your family have a lot of pleasure with your boat as well. Back in the days when I used to zoom about in my then new 200HP petrol Fairline Carrera, I found it better NOT to keep a fuel log!!! Geoff.

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Back in the days when I used to zoom about in my then new 200HP petrol Fairline Carrera, I found it better NOT to keep a fuel log!!! Geoff.

They were lovely boats Geoff, I can remember drooling over those in my younger years.  Agree with the fuel log comment but its a habit (read as obsession) I can't seem to shift

21 minutes ago, Maverick said:

They were lovely boats Geoff, I can remember drooling over those in my younger years.  Agree with the fuel log comment but its a habit (read as obsession) I can't seem to shift

They still are lovely boats in my opinion, but that is of course a bit biased as I bought an old one which i still have and is moored on the river Nene at Peterbrough. this boat has been retro fitted with a Volvo 165HP diesel (not by me), however the petrol version was far more fun, but very juicy. We went from Northney to Brighton and then to Fecamp (and back of course), no fuel use logged, but I reckon something of the order of 1.5mpg. Geoff.☺️

Wow that's a fair trek.

We have done Alderney and Guernsey on lads long weekends away.  I think the last trip to Alderney cost us 450 litres in diesel but that was for 4 days.  1 day wreck hoping over, 2 days on the banks then wreck hoping home again.  I reckon we use around 2 litres per mile on an average trip.  My last boat was a Karnic 2460 single engine we used about 100 litres less for the same type of trip