Is it just me??......

suzook12

Don't know if it's lockdown or whatever but I am getting severely pissed off with the average dumbf**k one encouters when trying to sell stuff on fb or ebay lately! So many armchair experts that know jack sh*t. Just to top it off, some guy asking about a problem on his bike, gave him the verdict them some arsehole comes up shouting down and giving out entirely the wrong information.... Normally I can tolerate this, but just lately it's getting to me...... Is it just me??

4 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Don't know if it's lockdown or whatever but I am getting severely pissed off with the average dumbf**k one encouters when trying to sell stuff on fb or ebay lately! So many armchair experts that know jack sh*t. Just to top it off, some guy asking about a problem on his bike, gave him the verdict them some arsehole comes up shouting down and giving out entirely the wrong information.... Normally I can tolerate this, but just lately it's getting to me...... Is it just me??

No Steve it’s not just you. But I don’t think it’s lockdown either. Just Victor Meldrew syndrome. I find the older I get the less tolerant I become. At your age I’m surprised you've held out so long. 🤣

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

No Steve it’s not just you. But I don’t think it’s lockdown either. Just Victor Meldrew syndrome. I find the older I get the less tolerant I become. At your age I’m surprised you've held out so long. 🤣

See what I mean?? Already some firkin armchair expert dishin it out!!!  😉

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah.......like you expected any different! 👅

Yeah, you got me there, I felt like being verbally abused so put this thread up 😉

Seriously though, I dunno if its because people have too much time on their hands or what, but I could just as easily chop the bike up rather than sell it to the morons that I've to contend with.......

34 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Facebook is a shit pit of know nothing idiots and people that just want to argue everything and nit pick everything. 
Unless I know what I’m talking about I don’t usually give advice about anything ( so not that often) but I regularly see people giving out information that is blatantly wrong. 

I’ve been kicked off 2 Facebook groups about shark fishing as I pointed out that instead of paying £££££ for “special” wire you can use normal stuff for 16p/m. These clowns charging people £20 for a rig when it only costs £2 weren’t too happy...

Some right shit being talked about with engines too.... apparently my boat must do 10l/mile.... when I disagree I’m told I do t k ow what I’m on about.... erm.... I just fill the tanks 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think lockdown is driving people round the bend...

No its not just you, I have lost count the times I have gone to reply to peeps who I think have got it wrong only to delete from my pc before I posted.  I just can't be doing with a crap attack from those that think they know it all when I know I do lol.   Seriously though like you if I don't know 100% I don't post anything so can't understand why others do post duff info

Selling stuff these days is full of joy lol, seems not only whatever is you are selling is only worth 20p and a packet of cheese and onion crisps, or swap for a ps4 and a pack pf digestive biscuits..... It seems you are expected to haggle yourself for them, pay for them to turn a 30 year old bike into a minter, and reply to every stupid offer that they honestly think they are going to get it for..... I have a bike up for £925 and they expect me to answer every 425 cash today message, one yesterday sent me a pic of a similar bike he'd picked up for £800 that was like new.... He went quiet when I sent hiim a link to the very same bike on ebay for £2195!! This is the 2nd bike I'm selling so this has been ongoing for 4 weeks or so...... Aaaaaaah!!!

7 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Selling stuff these days is full of joy lol, seems not only whatever is you are selling is only worth 20p and a packet of cheese and onion crisps, or swap for a ps4 and a pack pf digestive biscuits..... It seems you are expected to haggle yourself for them, pay for them to turn a 30 year old bike into a minter, and reply to every stupid offer that they honestly think they are going to get it for..... I have a bike up for £925 and they expect me to answer every 425 cash today message, one yesterday sent me a pic of a similar bike he'd picked up for £800 that was like new.... He went quiet when I sent hiim a link to the very same bike on ebay for £2195!! This is the 2nd bike I'm selling so this has been ongoing for 4 weeks or so...... Aaaaaaah!!!

Don’t get me started on selling stuff! 

oh its a pain ,ebay and the like, i see the same old stuff going around time after time ,never drop there price.there is a resean it dont sell,

i get iteams that i can aford , then i get told its cheeper somewhere eals. but for being feed up with the twats out there. i perfer to talk to peopple on here.

• 1 month later...

got rid of Facebook its full of complete asshats! they all want everything for nothing then put it back up for sale for a shitload more, I got sick of dickheads asking 'whats your best price' when its clearly priced well to sell as theres no extra fees ect like on eBay.

Yep.... 2 are now gone, one to finish rebuilding then that can go too.....

I had a lad that was moaning because he took the first one to bits then couldn't get it to go again, he then put it together badly and caused a head issue, then sent me a message yesterday that he had sold it for £400 more than I sold it to him for and only spent £70...... I'm like do I even care? I got what I wanted, sold as seen, goodbye...

Only one more lol...