Deja vu

PompeyDave

Hi there again, Dave from Pompey here (as the username suggests!). I'm sure I just did this 12 days ago on the old site 🙂. I've just finished a four month refit on a 2003 Raider 18, and it went into the water for the first time under my ownership three weeks ago. Couple of issues to sort out- the Garmin 2010C fish finder is very tired and is being replaced over the winter.  The Teleflex steering is also very worn so I'm upgrading it to hydraulic. Had 35 Mackerel last Sunday so the boat does actually catch fish! 

Edited by PompeyDave
spelling.

6 minutes ago, PompeyDave said:

Sorry what I mean is can I directly post a photo so that it appears as a reader scrolls down the post, or will it always appear as a file that has to be clicked on to view it?

No, the photo will appear as a photo, without needing to be clicked on.

The Elite Ti version 1 or 2? I had a Ti-7 and the touch screen became unreliable in the top right corner where the Menu option was. The version 1's had plastic screens and I found them hard to see in bright sunlight.

I also have an HDS 7 Gen 3 and it's so much better quality than the Elite is/was. Properly bright, glass screen. Had mine for a 3 years and still going strong. Not heard any reliability issues with the HDS range.

Yep, the HDS7 does look like a step up in terms of quality but it's a very small screen. Went down to Marine Superstore at Port Solent today and had play with several units. I like the HDS Lowrance items, but actually found myself going back to the Simrad GO9 XSE unit time after time. The main reason was the two fingered iPhone like screen navigation on the Simrad items- it's so easy and everything else feels old hat and cumbersome in comparison. The quality is very good too- it's a pukka item. Same old adage- you get what you pay for, but it's made me think again. Not an easy decision.