Lovely day out afloat!

mike farrants

I went out on Sunday on my friends boat (a very nice bennetau anteres)- tried for fresh mackerel but nothing doing (except for a good pollock on feathers!) so we went to the shambles with frozen mackerel to target turbot, drift was slow, and only produced doggies, and it was uncomfortable and freezing - so we moved to the adamant bank and anchored and I had Blonde ray and a few more doggies, friend had dogs, whiting, and an eel. we then moved further into the bay and anchored again with another friend who had come out on his boat - more dogs for both boats!
cracking 10hour day!

Blonde ray adamant bank.jpg

Portland 21 03 21.jpg

Edited by mike farrants
pic didn't load

5 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Ah, well done! Got to love a dog-fest! Sounds like you both had a productive session and we can't fault your dedication - 10 hours is a long time afloat. Good work. 👍

6am start at the marina, 6pm returned to the marina! 

we had all day so we used all day- i only live 2 mins form marina so why not lol - it was awesome!

1 minute ago, mike farrants said:

6am start at the marina, 6pm returned to the marina! 

we had all day so we used all day- i only live 2 mins form marina so why not lol - it was awesome!

6am-6pm....... isn’t that 12hrs? 
Anyway, good on you Mike. Bet you were comfortably knackered!

The other posts (about the text/black screen) seem to have disappeared along with another post that I just made so I will now try again.

Well done for your fantastic day out MIke. It would seem to me that you easily outpointed FS in the Brewdog stakes and that FS should acknowledge the fact and relinquish his crown. Geoff. :classic_wink:

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The other posts (about the text/black screen) seem to have disappeared along with another post that I just made so I will now try again.

Well done for your fantastic day out MIke. It would seem to me that you easily outpointed FS in the Brewdog stakes and that FS should acknowledge the fact and relinquish his crown. Geoff. :classic_wink:

🤣 that’s because you said it all in the “whos out at the weekend thread” not here . 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

It would seem to me that you easily outpointed FS in the Brewdog stakes and that FS should acknowledge the fact and relinquish his crown. Geoff. :classic_wink:

Sadly, I don't have a "flogging a dead horse" beer, but if I did Geoff I'd send it to you 😉

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

🤣 that’s because you said it all in the “whos out at the weekend thread” not here . 

Sorry about that, but the sentiment is the same. Geoff. There is of course still time for you to do the honourable thing. Geoff.  ☺️

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

No picture = no prize. Or I could have caught a whale! 

Instead of which you must have landed (boated) the worlds smallest rod caught dogfish - and don't say that was Leo's because you have already told us that it was really yours. Geoff. :classic_wink:

Edited by Geoff

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

I never ever thought I’d see the day that I was getting cyber bullied by an OAP.

Not bullying Neil, just trying to right the wrongs!!! -  (no - I do not wear my pants outside of my tights and my name is not Clark Kent). Geoff. :classic_wink: