Sonar for beginners

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

That’s a lot of words. Do you do a ladybird version? 🤣

A little bit of reading never harmed anyone. Besides, there are lots of pictures in there too, even ones that move.

4 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, but Geoff is old and senile, so what is your excuse ? 🤣

I don't like disagree with you Ian, but I think what you really mean is "elderly and wide awake". I do occasionally make a few deliberate mistakes just to amuse the rest of you! Geoff.:classic_wink:

Edited by Geoff

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I don't like disagree with you Ian, but I think what you really mean is "elderly and wide awake". I do occasionally make a few deliberate mistakes to just to amuse the rest of you! Geoff.:classic_wink:

Well yes Geoff, I also really included my self in the same post 👍

We seniors have to keep the middle aged numpty’s in check with their loose tongued cheek !

Just now, Andy135 said:

Numpty's what? Or do you mean numpties?

Better pull your socks up or Geoff will keep you back in class along with Fisty... 😱

Ian is fine Andy (I know what he meant, as I said earlier - occasional mistakes can be overlooked) , and FS is improving - or at least was untill HIS irreverent comments in the RIP post today. Geoff.:classic_wink:

44 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Numpty's what? Or do you mean numpties?

Better pull your socks up or Geoff will keep you back in class along with Fisty... 😱

I didnt necessarily include you, my son and Kyle are both Red heads, so I know the unrelenting abuse that you Duracell's get, and I have a good understanding / respect of red heads.

The biggest urban myth is that all reds are bad tempered, which is not true, as Kyle is extremely placid and has the patience of a saint. My son shaved his head in his mid 20’s and has been a chrome dome ever since, so you would never know he was a red.

Edited by GPSguru

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

I didnt necessarily include you, my son and Kyle are both Red heads, so I know the unrelenting abuse that you Duracell's get, and I have a good understanding / respect of red heads.

The biggest urban myth is that all reds are bad tempered, which is not true, as Kyle is extremely placid and has the patience of a saint. My son shaved his head in his mid 20’s and has been a chrome dome ever since, so you would never know he was a red.

Amazingly, I don't identify as ginger. It's a myth perpetuated by Jon and Neil. Personally I think they're just jealous that i catch more dogfish than them 😉🤣

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ha....... you can deny it all you like mate. But you definitely are strawberry blonde, (in patches)! 

He just needs to accept what he is . Bullseye. 

10 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Excellent article Andy.  I think I may have learnt something, not sure what but it was good

Not sure whether to give you a Like or a Laugh for that, so have a Thanks emoji to cover all the bases 🤣👍

11 hours ago, Andy135 said:

New article just posted 🙂.

When I get time Andy, I can add to your article with some excellent links to you tube tutorials, and explain the side scan water column black line in more detail.

To explain why, in simple terms, how the different frequencies are used is not easy, as it is technically quite complex.