Jump to content

Sonar for beginners


 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

That’s a lot of words. Do you do a ladybird version? 🤣

A little bit of reading never harmed anyone. Besides, there are lots of pictures in there too, even ones that move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

I have replied on the wrong thread. Now I know how Geoff feels. 

Yes, but Geoff is old and senile, so what is your excuse ? 🤣

  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, but Geoff is old and senile, so what is your excuse ? 🤣

I don't like disagree with you Ian, but I think what you really mean is "elderly and wide awake". I do occasionally make a few deliberate mistakes just to amuse the rest of you! Geoff.:classic_wink:

Edited by Geoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I don't like disagree with you Ian, but I think what you really mean is "elderly and wide awake". I do occasionally make a few deliberate mistakes to just to amuse the rest of you! Geoff.:classic_wink:

Well yes Geoff, I also really included my self in the same post 👍

We seniors have to keep the middle aged numpty’s in check with their loose tongued cheek !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

numpty’s

Numpty's what? Or do you mean numpties?

Better pull your socks up or Geoff will keep you back in class along with Fisty... 😱

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Andy135 said:

Numpty's what? Or do you mean numpties?

Better pull your socks up or Geoff will keep you back in class along with Fisty... 😱

Ian is fine Andy (I know what he meant, as I said earlier - occasional mistakes can be overlooked) , and FS is improving - or at least was untill HIS irreverent comments in the RIP post today. Geoff.:classic_wink:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Numpty's what? Or do you mean numpties?

Better pull your socks up or Geoff will keep you back in class along with Fisty... 😱

I didnt necessarily include you, my son and Kyle are both Red heads, so I know the unrelenting abuse that you Duracell's get, and I have a good understanding / respect of red heads.

The biggest urban myth is that all reds are bad tempered, which is not true, as Kyle is extremely placid and has the patience of a saint. My son shaved his head in his mid 20’s and has been a chrome dome ever since, so you would never know he was a red.

Edited by GPSguru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

I didnt necessarily include you, my son and Kyle are both Red heads, so I know the unrelenting abuse that you Duracell's get, and I have a good understanding / respect of red heads.

The biggest urban myth is that all reds are bad tempered, which is not true, as Kyle is extremely placid and has the patience of a saint. My son shaved his head in his mid 20’s and has been a chrome dome ever since, so you would never know he was a red.

Amazingly, I don't identify as ginger. It's a myth perpetuated by Jon and Neil. Personally I think they're just jealous that i catch more dogfish than them 😉🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I don't identify as ginger. It's a myth perpetuated by Jon and Neil. Person

Ha....... you can deny it all you like mate. But you definitely are strawberry blonde, (in patches)! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ha....... you can deny it all you like mate. But you definitely are strawberry blonde, (in patches)! 

He just needs to accept what he is . Bullseye. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ha....... you can deny it all you like mate. But you definitely are strawberry blonde, (in patches)! 

Nah, I am mouse coloured. It jumped a generation !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Excellent article Andy.  I think I may have learnt something, not sure what but it was good

Not sure whether to give you a Like or a Laugh for that, so have a Thanks emoji to cover all the bases 🤣👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Amazingly, I don't identify as ginger. It's a myth perpetuated by Jon and Neil. Personally I think they're just jealous that i catch more dogfish than them 😉🤣

Yeah that figures, @JonC always tries to hide from the tag of 'mammary' 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Andy135 said:

New article just posted 🙂.

 

When I get time Andy, I can add to your article with some excellent links to you tube tutorials, and explain the side scan water column black line in more detail.

To explain why, in simple terms, how the different frequencies are used is not easy, as it is technically quite complex.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...