Local charter boats

Very kind of you Jon. your right not in it for the money but covering running costs always a bonus. Meeting up with old and new friends out weighs profit.

Now semi retired and able to spend more time on the water always weather permitting. Sadly we have lost the levels of Cod we all enjoyed but great to see more species arriving in our waters. Who would have thought that we would be enjoying the large amount of rays that have arrived over the past few years, the glut of dog fish we are encountering is annoying but for those that like to enjoy them on the plate please take as many as you can. The Bass are building in their numbers and the Hounds are a great sport, now we are seeing the Spur dogs coming in so the variety of species are growing. Looking to land a nice Turbot ASAP. 

For a moment there, I thought it said on-board KFC...... No wonder JonC was promoting it, but alas no, it was a toilet 🤣

@Chris Jai-Bahadur All the very best with the venture, may even head that way and give it a whirl ourselves later in the year

If you open a page on fb for the boat, be sure to apply to join Norfolk Boat Anglers

I like the idea of a smaller group on a slightly smaller boat, although fishing with a group of 9or 10 on a big boat is a laugh the amount of lines in the water can be a menace with tangles but to cover the cost of a big cat it needs the numbers to be viable, even then you end up paying £60 or thereabouts to enjoy the privilege of untangling each other all day. 

8 minutes ago, JonC said:

I like the idea of a smaller group on a slightly smaller boat, although fishing with a group of 9or 10 on a big boat is a laugh the amount of lines in the water can be a menace with tangles but to cover the cost of a big cat it needs the numbers to be viable, even then you end up paying £60 or thereabouts to enjoy the privilege of untangling each other all day. 

There is certainly an element of truth there Jon. It's amazing how many people end up on a charter and don't know how to uptide properly, and just gather everyones lines. On one occassion I ended up having a go at a guy, we'd been anchored up for well over and hour and all I had achieved was to tackle up numerous times, soon as I put mine in the sea, the guy next to me would wipe me out along with a few others, the other side of the boat were in to bearded unicorns.......

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

For a moment there, I thought it said on-board KFC...... No wonder JonC was promoting it, but alas no, it was a toilet 🤣

@Chris Jai-Bahadur All the very best with the venture, may even head that way and give it a whirl ourselves later in the year

If you open a page on fb for the boat, be sure to apply to join Norfolk Boat Anglers

May do a few Burgers but no KFC. Already a member of Norfolk boat Anglers, I set the charter up just to do a couple of days a week and help cover some of the running costs that way l can be more flexible with our unpredictable weather. Your welcome to come on board.

52 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

What qualifications does the skipper need to charter? 

ive thoight about in the past but never that seriously...

Pink swimming ribbon and expert at putting up with people who just will not listen to advice.