Feeling a bit ripped off

JDP

On a site similar to this I recently sold a navionics platinum large area coverage sd card. I removed from a lowrance unit and it was working fine before I posted it way. The guy received it who claims to already have the same card but wanted two for his two head units, this sounded odd to me but hey each to their own.

Anyway I get contacted by him saying it doesn't work and he's now returned it in the post, only the returned micro sd in the sd card isn't the one I sent. The pictures I took before sending showed the micro had a tiny chip off the plastic corner which is not on the one returned . These cards retail at $550 and I sold mine at $300 which now looks like I will have to return through PayPal including postage and PayPal fee's.

When you are on a forum where most of us help each other out I cant help but feel let down by a fellow member. After I pay back the money I will drop the forum for good as I don't feel I could put up with seeing any more from this person who only seems to be there to gather info and never contribute himself. By the way this is an Oz forum.

3 minutes ago, JDP said:

On a site similar to this I recently sold a navionics platinum large area coverage sd card. I removed from a lowrance unit and it was working fine before I posted it way. The guy received it who claims to already have the same card but wanted two for his two head units, this sounded odd to me but hey each to their own.

Anyway I get contacted by him saying it doesn't work and he's now returned it in the post, only the returned micro sd in the sd card isn't the one I sent. The pictures I took before sending showed the micro had a tiny chip off the plastic corner which is not on the one returned . These cards retail at $550 and I sold mine at $300 which now looks like I will have to return through PayPal including postage and PayPal fee's.

When you are on a forum where most of us help each other out I cant help but feel let down by a fellow member. After I pay back the money I will drop the forum for good as I don't feel I could put up with seeing any more from this person who only seems to be there to gather info and never contribute himself. By the way this is an Oz forum.

Some people are just money grabbing opportunistic tossers .I hate selling stuff because of this sort of thing. 
Remember Swampy’s reel he bought last year off a prominence  other forum member ?

18 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

If you can prove it's not the card you sent him, dont refund him, simple, and post the evidence up for all to see so that they know it's not you taking the piss. $300 is $300 and it's better in your pocket!

100% agree with Steve. Tell him to do one.

12 minutes ago, JonC said:

What does that translate as in proper English money? Australian $ are like liras aren’t they? 

Its about 2/1 ratio so not that much but when you only do part time its quite a large amount. Just mounts up today though with a lees than great result from the doctors today.

Just now, JDP said:

Its about 2/1 ratio so not that much but when you only do part time its quite a large amount. Just mounts up today though with a lees than great result from the doctors today.

Uh oh. Sorry to hear Jon. Fingers crossed for you 🤞

37 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Uh oh. Sorry to hear Jon. Fingers crossed for you 🤞

Its just very high cholesterol, kidney's not functioning properly and the bulging disk and neck fractures giving me grief. Ive just picked up a pretty demanding commercial skippering job which Im really enjoying but it involves a fair amount of lifting and 14hr days on the days we can get out. I don't drink or smoke and eat pretty healthy so the cholesterol and kidneys was a bit of a shock.

1 minute ago, JDP said:

Its just very high cholesterol, kidney's not functioning properly and the bulging disk and neck fractures giving me grief. Ive just picked up a pretty demanding commercial skippering job which Im really enjoying but it involves a fair amount of lifting and 14hr days on the days we can get out. I don't drink or smoke and eat pretty healthy so the cholesterol and kidneys was a bit of a shock.

Hmm, that's not ideal. What are they recommending to solve or manage it all?