East Bramble Buoy, Saturday 1st May

Andy135

@Saintly Fish and I had been planning an afternoon into evening session with our sons for the last couple of weeks. Tarlach Too was the tub of choice for a session with the boys, complete with bunks, sleeping bags and cooking facilities. The weather looked good yesterday so the plan was on.

We headed out to the East Bramble Buoy to drop the hook and it wasn't long before the rod tips started to rattle.

Some cracking dogfish came aboard, including one that I'll enter into the Biggest Dogfish comp 🐶🐟😉🤣.

Then we started seeing smoothounds come to crab.

2aw39Pp.jpg

81yFjuK.jpg

Then Neil upped the ante with a truly superb pout...

lvIuWCB.jpg

I managed a late whiting on baited feathers, followed by the worlds smallest spider crab.

I'll leave Neil to post up Leo's star catch, which rather outshone the rest of our fish combined 👍

As the tide died we moved north of Cowes but the fishing was a little slower here, so we fired up the stove and cooked up some Chicken Korma for dinner.

As we fished into dusk a strap conger came to the boat before we headed for home in the darkness. Five species and plenty of giggles with the boys.

Big thanks to Neil and Leo for hosting Thomas and I. 👍👍