Rod storage ideas.

Saintly Fish

I’m having my small loft space above my office boarded and ply walled. I’ve got some lighting and power sockets up there now too. The idea is to move my rods and tackle etc up into this space along with bait freezers. This will then free up space in my tiny work room for the rest of my junk. 
Id like to put rod racks on the ceiling roof undersides but of course because of the angles, all the holders I’ve seen will just allow the rods to roll off. 
Any ideas for rod holders that can maybe be closed. Ye su could just put long screws in and lay the rods on those but it would look a bit cheap and crap. I’d like to do it properly. 
Also and ideas for a decent bait freezer, one that doesn’t cost too much. What do you guys use? Just a standard freezer from the white goods shop ? 6A31148D-9F19-45CD-B35D-A15A801C6ECA.jpeg.6888b8eadf165f0a1433ca9641b8106f.jpeg

3E91A67F-B235-4544-A9B9-905410F39068.jpeg.511e2b184a3c18c62e9cac23f8fa71e5.jpeg

Sounds like you need to start considering digging a cellar!! 🤣

For rod holders, could you not use idividual ones hung at the right angle? Or using some ply wood, make a set that fixes to the roof...... Am sure a man of your talents can come up with something. maybe even use those offcuts of copper pipe bent to the right shape.......

I got my chest freezers from AO.com just went for the biggest I could find in terms of capacity and then made sure they fitted in available space. You’ll struggle to get them up a loft hatch though….

26 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I got my chest freezers from AO.com just went for the biggest I could find in terms of capacity and then made sure they fitted in available space. You’ll struggle to get them up a loft hatch though….

🤣yes so size is an issue. 

33 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Never mind rod storage, sort that flue out 🙈

That's what I was thinking, it looks a bit on the wonk, doesn't mean it wrong just doesn't look good, or is it the camera angle

Edited by Maverick

26 minutes ago, Maverick said:

That's what I was thinking, it looks a bit on the wonk, doesn't mean it wrong just doesn't look good, or is it the camera angle

It’s the angle mate, flue is dead straight. Looks worse against the loft angles admittedly .