Hello to the Lurkers

Odyssey

Hi to all you lurkers! 

Don’t be shy and read our posts, drop a line, see how friendly we are. 

We are not as bad as we may appear, it’s all different in real life but hey, if you join the conversations you’ll soon find that out 🙂 

Hi,

I have been very tempted to join in, but to be quite honest, I'm a bit scared of that JonC, he seems quite a character. I don't think I can handle being verbally abused by him for being inexperienced and uneducated. That Fishy fella seems nearly as bad, although the one called Geoff seems especially nice.

Yours

Lurkio

I think to be honest most people use sites like these to take snippets of info/catch reports etc and don't ever intend to actively contribute. And that's ok. I know I'd be considered a lurker on a couple of other forums I look at, so no harm done really. Would it be great if a few more of them signed up and posted? Yes, absolutely. But will I lose any sleep over it if they don't? Not at all.

Friggin ice over here, hence the lurking!!!!...just posted a couple of threads to prove I still intend to get back out there. My daughter left for a fish at 4.30am this morning, just got home home 2.30pm grabbed her spearfish gear and off she's gone again. Think its time for another coffee and turn the heater up more!!!

2055706795_ScreenShot2021-07-29at1_34_17pm.thumb.jpg.b2133de940391a3e40eff92d58e9e1d0.jpg

Ours has decent insulation and windows facing to catch the last of the afternoon sun. In regards to heating in the home, nothing overly special, just a gas heater that soon gets the place hot if left on for more than 30 mins. Would love to get a couple of storage heaters but getting them shipped out here is out of the question.

What you do tend to see is the majoritie of retirees towing caravans north for winter (two months) where the temps are far hotter 25-27'c in north QLD or in the mid 30's in the NT.

Its pretty good where we are as winters days can reach 18'c in the sun and only a few frosts through winter. Heading inland we can be at the snow fields in 2.30mins. I normally head north mid winter with what ever boat I have for a tropical trip but the covid restrictions are hampering that.