Jump to content

14 and counting...


Andy135
 Share

Recommended Posts

Took middle daughter crabbing along the embankment in Dartmouth this afternoon. Brilliant fun for the pair of us 🤣. We tried two spots; our usual mark wasn't firing and only produced four average sized hardback, so we took a short stroll up river and tried a new one by the hire boats which offered up a further ten crabs.

We also lost a whopper of an edible brown crab that made it half way up before skydiving back to the river. 😖

uhSg2Fg.jpg

dYTn2XN.jpg

Great way to spend some family time together 👍

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Very nice…. Good times with family. 
I notice too2 things. …. 
1. Holly dog ready to belly flop on any crabs. 
2. you chose the crab with no claws to hold! 🐈

Yep, Holly was allowed out along the embankment today, harnessed to a bollard to stop her chasing seagulls and prevent her stressing her neck.

And yes, I chose a crab sans nippers to let the nipper hold. She quickly graduated to holding nippy crabs after that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Took middle daughter crabbing along the embankment in Dartmouth this afternoon. Brilliant fun for the pair of us 🤣. We tried two spots; our usual mark wasn't firing and only produced four average sized hardback, so we took a short stroll up river and tried a new one by the hire boats which offered up a further ten crabs.

We also lost a whopper of an edible brown crab that made it half way up before skydiving back to the river. 😖

uhSg2Fg.jpg

dYTn2XN.jpg

Great way to spend some family time together 👍

 

Small world................

I went through Dartmouth the afternoon, so I probably saw you without realising it............

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

 

Small world................

I went through Dartmouth the afternoon, so I probably saw you without realising it............

He was the ginger haired guy screaming about the crabs. 

  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

 

Small world................

I went through Dartmouth the afternoon, so I probably saw you without realising it............

Small world indeed. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Small world indeed. 👍

Yes, I had to see friends who live at Dittisham, we then came back through Dartmouth and took the ferry across to Kingswear so that we could get some shopping at the M&S Foodhall in the Willows (Torquay) on the way home. I was surprised how quiet Dartmouth was given the time of year.

Before we got the ferry, I drove over to Warfleet and the castle, a very pleasant trip along there looking down at the estuary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, I had to see friends who live at Dittisham, we then came back through Dartmouth and took the ferry across to Kingswear so that we could get some shopping at the M&S Foodhall in the Willows (Torquay) on the way home. I was surprised how quiet Dartmouth was given the time of year.

Before we got the ferry, I drove over to Warfleet and the castle, a very pleasant trip along there looking down at the estuary.

You would have driven right past my parents old home in South Town on the way out of Dartmouth towards Warfleet.

We usually take the kids up to the castle for an ice cream every time we visit, and often walk up Gallants Bower on a clear day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were there crabbing on Tuesday, down past the ferry. My 2 kids had over 30 crabs in about an hour, good size too. Quick wander around the quay then over to Brixham for chips from the Rio before another hour crabbing in the inner harbour which produced another 20 plus. Kids loved it and we ended up going to Watchet on Wednesday for another go. Over 60 there but very small in comparison.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...