Vass tex 175 smock

I've got a few shooting jackets, mainly insulated though and dark in colour

I wouldn't pay that sort of money, I will end up either ripping it, or someone will throw it in the bin (like my last one)

I think a  couple of the blokes in our club wear Vass stuff, I'll see what they say

No doubt they'll all say it's the best jacket/smock they've ever worn 

39 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Harkila eh? And you rib me for being a high-rolling country type! 💲💲🤑

I'm with Swampy. Harkila kit is too good and too well priced for getting covered in squid juice and fish guts, and there's no way I'd wear my plus-fours on a boat...

49 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Harkila eh? And you rib me for being a high-rolling country type! 💲💲🤑

I'm with Swampy. Harkila kit is too good and too well priced for getting covered in squid juice and fish guts, and there's no way I'd wear my plus-fours on a boat...

Well being as its gortex it cleans well and stays waterproof. Also quite tough on the rip proof side. They are after all made for nobs who traipse through the brush.

Tbf i normally only wear it if its going to completely piss down or will be so cold that multiple layers are required.

Matt Hayes is to blame, I saw him wearing one on TV and thought it looked comfy. I stopped at the stupid woolly ski hat though.

Vass aren’t the best…. 

Gary Evans (Cardiff & Newport) stock Guy Cotten. 100% waterproof but not breathable. However used by commercial fishermen. 

Also look at Grundens, not cheap but excellent quality 

• 2 weeks later...