What's on your fishing bucket list?

Andy135

Over the last few seasons I've set myself a bucket list of places to fish and species to catch. Norway for halibut, UK for various shark species, tuna even, Alderney for turbot and wrecking on the way.

I'm woefully lacking on all of these, but what about you? What's on your fishing bucket list?

I did think to myself the other day when I saw Stains PB how cool it would be to give it a go out there.. perhaps an outlaw juant? But then, would have to be a mad man to make any such arrangements in these times.

Bucket list for me giant GT, Dorado,  decent Tuna.. OTT. 

Mako, Thresher, Tuna and Skate 🙂 

Ideally 4 shark species of shark on my boat (same with Tuna). Skate would be an issue....

20lb cod also along with an eating sized turbot.

Stone bass be nice but more of a by catch while sharking. 

last of all, a nice door matt sole 🙂 

So far I’ve had:

Conger, Pollack, Coalfish, cod, blonde, spotted, small eye and thornie ray, Bass, Mackerel, huss, both types of hound, gurnard (3 types), black bream tope, dogfish, blue shark, porgie shark, whiting, haddock, spurdog, plaice, flounder and dab. 

So varied bunch so far 🙂 

I’d not say no to a large bass but I don’t chase then that much.

8 minutes ago, headlight said:

Which one do you think is the most optimistic Neil ?

Carcharodon carcharias in my opinion with little experience . I’d guess that the waters too cold for them to live here, but I’m sure they probably pass by. Especially as there have been reports of them on the south coast. 
Im sure your just about to school me though. 

20lb is doable, I had a friend pull in a 16.5lb last year, there’s been an 18lber caught already so they’re about....

I think Tuna/thresher more likely though! 😮😮😮😮

"Im sure your just about to school me though. 

Yes I am Neil.

Great Whites (and members of the Great White family)  are not cold blooded, they hold their body temperature approximately 10c above that of the surrounding water(Tuna do the same thing).

Our sea temps are actually slap bang in their preferred temp rage.

Also to find a predator first find their food source as predators are never far away from their prey.

We have the largest population of Grey Seals in the world.

Grey Seals are one of their favourite prey.

Therefore we should not only have Great Whites but should have lots of Great Whites.

The question isn"t if we have Great Whites, it is why don"t we have lots of Great Whites.

1 hour ago, headlight said:

"Im sure your just about to school me though. 

Yes I am Neil.

Great Whites (and members of the Great White family)  are not cold blooded, they hold their body temperature approximately 10c above that of the surrounding water(Tuna do the same thing).

Our sea temps are actually slap bang in their preferred temp rage.

Also to find a predator first find their food source as predators are never far away from their prey.

We have the largest population of Grey Seals in the world.

Grey Seals are one of their favourite prey.

Therefore we should not only have Great Whites but should have lots of Great Whites.

The question isn"t if we have Great Whites, it is why don"t we have lots of Great Whites.

Go on then........

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah and fairies at the end of the garden 🙄

According to my daughter there are. Her fairy's name is Lily and she writes to her.

FFS... Lily (aka Mrs135) writes back, in really tiny handwriting... 🙄🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, Andy135 said:

According to my daughter there are. Her fairy's name is Lily and she writes to her.

FFS... Lily (aka Mrs135) writes back, in really tiny handwriting... 🙄🤦‍♂️

It won’t be long until she is a high maintenance teenager too embarrassed to be seen with Dad (unless offering a lift) and chasing boys..... 

Uncle Luke is losing cool status with my nieces and Newphews as they get older and turn into grumpy teenagers.... still around to tease them about boyfriends and girlfriends though 😁😆😁😆

54 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

It won’t be long until she is a high maintenance teenager too embarrassed to be seen with Dad (unless offering a lift) and chasing boys..... 

Uncle Luke is losing cool status with my nieces and Newphews as they get older and turn into grumpy teenagers.... still around to tease them about boyfriends and girlfriends though 😁😆😁😆

Blimey nothing like cheer him up Luke 

I would love to catch a Great white but then I don't go shark fishing so that will never happen.

What intrigues me is how do you catch and keep grey seals for live baiting :classic_ninja:

Edited by Maverick