Toilet pumps

Anyone got an electric toilet? 

My flush pump is playing up, basically it was stuck on despite me pulling the switch off… there is a short somewhere so I’ll need a rummage in the bilge to see the damage (there was quite a lot of smoke and pump kept running)….

Basically I’m looking for best supplier for spares, or wondering about ripping it out and fitting a manual version but that maybe an issue as the flush feed is via the pump that needs fixing….

Fun times ahead I’m sure… that’s if I can get a marine mechanic to call me back about getting engines serviced…. (Don’t people want business 🤔🤔)

11 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Anyone got an electric toilet? 

My flush pump is playing up, basically it was stuck on despite me pulling the switch off… there is a short somewhere so I’ll need a rummage in the bilge to see the damage (there was quite a lot of smoke and pump kept running)….

Basically I’m looking for best supplier for spares, or wondering about ripping it out and fitting a manual version but that maybe an issue as the flush feed is via the pump that needs fixing….

Fun times ahead I’m sure… that’s if I can get a marine mechanic to call me back about getting engines serviced…. (Don’t people want business 🤔🤔)

With the amount of boats bought over the last 18mth I think mechanics are really busy (I know mine is)

as to toilet i use a bucket,(5m rib)

2 hours ago, suzook12 said:

I would question the wiring on the boat, a short not resulting in a blown fuse is pretty shit to be honest. Find the person that wired it and beat the crap out of them, that could have escalated real quickly!!

I know….. I wasn’t best pleased! 

I need to dig into it. It’s an “on the water” job but no rush as no-one really uses the loo…

Mechanic is due to become a Dad anytime soon so only taking bookings from mid oct which is fine. So hopefully that’ll pass ok 😑😑😑

Then the long slog to Cardiff 

18 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

B&Q £1 orange bucket.......

everyone knows to be wary of the orange bucket....... 

(and never put keeper fish in it.....)

I’ve got 2… but they’ve split so I need some new ones. I’m wondering about pink and blue, one for the ladies and one for the gents 🤣🤣🤣

19 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I know….. I wasn’t best pleased! 

I need to dig into it. It’s an “on the water” job but no rush as no-one really uses the loo…

Mechanic is due to become a Dad anytime soon so only taking bookings from mid oct which is fine. So hopefully that’ll pass ok 😑😑😑

Then the long slog to Cardiff 

My concern would be that the rest of the wiring is equally shit mate, make sure everything is adequately fused, you may not be so lucky next time......

On 9/24/2021 at 10:07 AM, suzook12 said:

My concern would be that the rest of the wiring is equally shit mate, make sure everything is adequately fused, you may not be so lucky next time......

It’ll all be rechecked again when I get down there next…. I’m a bit fragile this morning 🤕🤢🤣