Finally Joined!

Andy_B

Hi All, it took me a while but I finally made it in here!

I am currently boat-less (had to let my Raider18, "Pippa", go at the start of lock-down last year due to a number of factors). Hardly get time to get out at the moment due to a change in job but mostly also being full-time taxi to my 15 year-old, rugby-mad, son who plays Club, District and Country-level Rugby League and Union, so needless to say is either training or playing just about every day at the moment!

Really looking forward to getting out on the 24th and catching up with those I know and also meeting some new faces!

Cheers,

Andy

Welcome to the new forum Andy. It's been a while but we're glad to have you back. 👍

Certainly sounds like life is keeping you busy lately. Will be good to meet you on the 24th and who knows, we might even manage to catch a few fish!!

Based just outside Cardiff so mostly fished the Bristol Channel (boat used to be at CBYC).

Best (UK) fish would either be the Cod in my Avatar (around 14lb) or an 8lb Bass I had when I was out with Headlight (seconds after he caught his 10lb'er).

Overall best fish would be when I lived in Malaysia though with a magnificent Sailfin (don't know how big)

Bass.jfif Sail.jfif

19 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Hi @Andy_B

wekconebgi the forum I’ll give you a bell about the 24th. 

If you fancy a winter cod trip let me know I’m back in Cardiff soon 😀

Thanks mate (I tried to call you a couple of times yesterday!). Definitely up for a cod sesh when you are back in Cardiff!!! 

16 hours ago, Andy_B said:

Based just outside Cardiff so mostly fished the Bristol Channel (boat used to be at CBYC).

Best (UK) fish would either be the Cod in my Avatar (around 14lb) or an 8lb Bass I had when I was out with Headlight (seconds after he caught his 10lb'er).

Overall best fish would be when I lived in Malaysia though with a magnificent Sailfin (don't know how big)

Bass.jfif 96.6 kB · 6 downloads Sail.jfif 61.67 kB · 2 downloads

Is it just me ?? I can't see these photos!! 

17 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I see the paper clips, they then tell me to down load. I try this but the file is not supported. How are you posting them? 

I used the "Drag files to attach, or choose files" function (I chose file rather than dragged them) and selected the JPEG files.

3 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

I used the "Drag files to attach, or choose files" function (I chose file rather than dragged them) and selected the JPEG files.

They appear to be .jfif files which I couldn't open either.

Here's a guide to posting photos on the forum.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Wow! Fantastic fish! Well dangled 👍

Andy is bit of a cod master…. 

One day I took @headlight out on my boat and @Andy_B was on Pippa his old boat. He anchored a few hundred yards from me, phone pinging all day with cod pictures as we sat there with no cod…. 😢😢😢😢

Edited by Odyssey

38 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Andy is bit of a cod master…. 

One day I took @headlight out on my boat and @Andy_B was on pills his old boat. He anchored a few hundred yards from me, phone pinging all day with cod pictures as we sat there with no cod…. 😢😢😢😢

Yoo are too kind mate… true story tho! 🤣

2 hours ago, Andy_B said:

That was the irony… it was YOUR MARK we were fishing on LOL!

I know! I even gave you a bit of room as not to cramp your style and you stole all the fish 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣