Merchandise supplier

Saintly Fish

@jonnyswamp requested a hoodie yesterday, so I emailed the company who supplies them for us. They are not going to support single item purchases, and insist on a minimum of 8 garments per order. This is apparently because of the amount of time and effort it takes them to prep the machine. Funding 8 items per order is just not possible, A, because we don't have 8 required items every time and B, because it's me that has to fund items in the hope that somebody will want to purchase them. 
So, what I am proposing is that we (I) find another supplier that can/will do single items. The trouble with this is that they will have to go to printed garments and not embroidered. 
Your collective views on this subject or suggestions are welcome! 

or we do 2 orders per year (spring /Autumn) and get everyone to order at the same time for the season ahead to make up the numbers?

t- shirts & longsleeves in the summer hoodies if enough interest

hoodies and hats in the winter

just an idea?

Hmmm. Tough one.

I'm a firm fan of embroidered as they look and last so much better than printed (in my opinion). I remember we had problems with the current supplier getting the orders wrong on a couple of occasions, so perhaps we could consider finding an alternative supplier who can embroider single items? Happy to investigate if this is the direction we collectively decide to take.

Or, we could see who else would like a hoodie (I could probably be persuaded to have another one if it helps) and make up a batch to take to an alternative supplier for embroidery.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Just seen Mike's suggestion - makes sense to me 👍

The trouble with that is, if we get new members that want an item we need to be able to supply to demand. Keeping a stock of mixed sizes and colours is the ideal but not economically viable. 

23 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

When I get my long sleeved T shirt, I'll take it to the company that supplies my work gear and see what sort of cost they will be

There is always a one off set up cost, but once the design is in their system, the cost is/was the same for 1 or 10 items

The T's are printed not embroidered. 

You should be able to find a supplier that will do individual items.

As a club pbsbac used to hold stock of pre manufactured goods.  The only trouble with that is you would need to hold at least 3 sizes of each item to ensure you had stuff in stock when requested.  Also someone has to store and fund the items which can be a fair outlay.  We spoke to our supplier (Funky Peach) who were happy to keep our details and allow individuals to order items on an adhock basis.  The other benefit was that the members could pick any items of clothing on the suppliers books.  We have embroidered club badge on the front with printed web address on the back this is a set format which members are not allowed to deviate from.  The members can also add their own or boats name or whatever they wish with all costs born by them.

Benefits are no stock, no financial outlay, easy purchasing, adding personal information, larger choice of clothing items.

That said some suppliers will not do that, our work wear provider likes a minimum of 12 items or we have to pay a premium for the privilege of smaller quantities

Edited by Maverick

So we don't have too many cooks, I will do the leg work for the garments and supplier, all I wanted was opinions on the single printed or if possible stay with embroidered and try to find a stockist who will do single items. I see that the embroidered is probably the more favourable choice? Having said that the printed hoodie I got done for myself last time we were searching is holding up very well. Whereas my original hoodie IS starting to bobble. However, it has been washed multiple times In the last year, probably more than expected. 
@jonnyswamp If you do get a price, please pass me the details of the supplier! 👍🏻

I just had 5 Uneek polo's done, embroidered, in XFB size, for £73.50 inc VAT, that also include the £25 + VAT setup fee

£8.70 inc VAT for the polo's embroidered

And I reckon he would do individual garments, just might have to wait a little longer for them.....

Edited by suzook12

Just now, suzook12 said:

I just had 5 Uneek polo's done, embroidered, in XFB size, for £73.50 inc VAT, that also include the £25 + VAT setup fee

Thats under £10 per polo inc vat, sorry Steve but for that money the quality of the garment won't be all that. 
Bring one with you Saturday, I'd like to take a look. 

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Double dare you... but only cos I know what @Saintly Fish's response will be 🤣

So I understand that sliders are more for us younger members but how about OOs havianas? We could have pictures of me on them. 
I know it’s cold now but what do you people wear/where in the warmer months? Surely it’s not combat boots or waders. 
@Maverickis just pissed because he knows they don’t go with chinos and he’s limited to wearing hush puppy moccasins. 

Just now, suzook12 said:

Could also point out they all use same/similar embroidery machines....... Where's the emoji for fingers in ears shouting lalala as is undoubtedly happening down on the south coast whenever this subject comes up....

🙉

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Don't be like that. I'm genuinely interested to see what £10 gets you. 

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thats under £10 per polo inc vat, sorry Steve but for that money the quality of the garment won't be all that......

That is for Uneek polos in xfb size embroidered where right pocket would be....

Talk to the guy.... https://www.epicembroidery.co.uk/

3 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Could also point out they all use same/similar embroidery machines....... Where's the emoji for fingers in ears shouting lalala as is undoubtedly happening down on the south coast whenever this subject comes up....

La La La GIF by Isola dei Famosi

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Unless you are buying/comparing branded stuff such as fruit of the loom or screen stars then it’s impossible to know what’s the best quality. Price doesn’t equal quality at retail. 

That's why I gave the brand. Can't remember what I paid for my fruit of the loom polo's, but used both before and if anything, uneek just about edges it, that's in my opinion of course