New mini Project- Ducati Diesel

suzook12

So, have just happened across a ducati inboard diesel, IS9 complete with gearbox for the princely sum of £150

No photo description available.

Checked for usual suspects, it has compression so I bought it.

Got it home and tested the dynostart ( a combination of dynamo and starter motor), it only went and worked!!

Will check the fluids and get some diesel in to it and see what happens. If it runs, I have a hull for it, sort of Plymouth Oyster affair that needs an engine, or may just move it on sans gearbox (I have a lister/petter that could equally be pressed into service). Apparently these are quite rare these days.....

Seems to be one of those weekends, bought a tractor yesterday......

4 hours ago, suzook12 said:

So, have just happened across a ducati inboard diesel, IS9 complete with gearbox for the princely sum of £150

No photo description available.

Checked for usual suspects, it has compression so I bought it.

Got it home and tested the dynostart ( a combination of dynamo and starter motor), it only went and worked!!

Will check the fluids and get some diesel in to it and see what happens. If it runs, I have a hull for it, sort of Plymouth Oyster affair that needs an engine, or may just move it on sans gearbox (I have a lister/petter that could equally be pressed into service). Apparently these are quite rare these days.....

Seems to be one of those weekends, bought a tractor yesterday......

Was the tractor the old red Ford one on Facebook? 

7 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Result! Good work. Thanks for sharing 👍

What are your plans for it now then? Install in a tub or polish and flip?

Not actually running yet mate, won't run off the starter.... She's almost there but not quite

11 hours ago, Andy135 said:

What's up with the starter then?

Nothing, like I said, it almost starts but not quite. Couple of things to try yet and will bleed it again as well. The starter works fine, just the engine dies soon as you stop powering the starter

Just now, suzook12 said:

Nothing, like I said, it almost starts but not quite. Couple of things to try yet and will bleed it again as well. The starter works fine, just the engine dies soon as you stop powering the starter

I reckon it's faulty.