Solo Saturday

Josh

Top work that man 💪! Very good work! A single handed capture - kudos to you. The weather this weekend was properly mint, so well done for making the most of it.

PS. Next time you're short-handed... message me, yeah? 😉🤣

Thanks Andy 

yeah why not mate ,I will do 

Most of all safety, your clipping in to serious fish one wrong move and it’s all over. 

what amazing fishing we have here..

on another note that might be worth a seperate post ,,, have you guys heard about ‘somehting about banning porbeagle fishing ‘

Not official but doesn’t sound nice…I mean obviously we would just say we are fishing for something else but how long before they say you then can’t fish for that ..

1 hour ago, Josh said:

on another note that might be worth a seperate post ,,, have you guys heard about ‘somehting about banning porbeagle fishing ‘

Not official but doesn’t sound nice…I mean obviously we would just say we are fishing for something else but how long before they say you then can’t fish for that ..

No, not heard anything along those lines. Who & where are they discussing this?

Well done again mate, cracking fish. There seem to be more tuna around now than there was all summer. The tagging skippers catches were getting better and better just as the program was coming to an end.

With regards to the banning of beagle fishing is this in general or just when they are breeding as i know there has been pressure to stop fishing for them when in pup for a while. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Good report @Josh, sounds like fun. But, we have a rule here, no photo = no catch. Sorry better luck next time 🤣

Great breach shot btw! 

Mate , I kno this is the world we live in and believe me I was telling my mate and he was like what’s the matter and I said I still feel short of it. But reality is I couldn’t of got much face bombing on my own I just wanted picture of it while it had fully surfaced and gave up! Oh well keeps us coming back right!

52 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Well done again mate, cracking fish. There seem to be more tuna around now than there was all summer. The tagging skippers catches were getting better and better just as the program was coming to an end.

With regards to the banning of beagle fishing is this in general or just when they are breeding as i know there has been pressure to stop fishing for them when in pup for a while. 

Re::porgies

I’m not sure to be fair in the details of that but hopefully neither right.

re: tuna

yeah I’d say so everything was later … and I’d probably say that the skippers were learning more n more on the job as they went which picked up catch rate ..

their also fight times are down sometimes to 5minutes,

those massive spreader bars put enormous drag on the fish .. I suppose from a protective program point of view it has its place .

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Mate , I kno this is the world we live in and believe me I was telling my mate and he was like what’s the matter and I said I still feel short of it. But reality is I couldn’t of got much face bombing on my own I just wanted picture of it while it had fully surfaced and gave up! Oh well keeps us coming back right!

I suggest you get yourself back out there and get another one with a photo.🤣

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

No, not heard anything along those lines. Who & where are they discussing this?

I saw it posted all over the shark fishing forums on Facebook but to be fair it was glancing look as I was boating , just saw negative looked away … the post was abo it how to stop it to be fair 

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm sure the image of the fish by the boat is etched into your mind? 
So, with this, could you not do a sketch ??

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Not official but doesn’t sound nice…I mean obviously we would just say we are fishing for something else but how long before they say you then can’t fish for

Yes, but it is a long way off yet. I was talking to the chairman of the ATA ( Angling Trades Association) who is also tied up with CEFAS. Also they are concerned about the pollock stocks and may bring in similar rules like we have for the Bass. 

Angling trust are on the case now, they are putting together some information to lobby the government too…. 

Im not sure what we as individuals can do but I’ll do some digging and see what I find 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:00 AM, Odyssey said:

Angling trust are on the case now, they are putting together some information to lobby the government too…. 

Im not sure what we as individuals can do but I’ll do some digging and see what I find 

Yeah mate we need to group together on this, if we are serious about not loosing some of the best fishing we have over here 

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yeah mate we need to group together on this, if we are serious about not loosing some of the best fishing we have over here 

I’ll ask around see what can do. I’m sure I could get a few Welsh skippers on board (there’s only 4 of us left who target sharks now… a few part timers who do odd trip but Celtic deeps going to be quiet in 2022…)

Edited by Odyssey

Pretty sad to loose a tired fish with a gaff shot in it. Maybe think about doing this style of fishing with another person onboard for the welfare of the fish until you become experienced enough to target them solo. The truth can be harsh but this kind of report doesn't favour regulations to be changed.

Edited by JDP