Coloured leads

Does anyone use them for bottom fishing? I see them online in dayglo colours and wondered if they're worth an extra fish or are they just a gimmick?

I've used white and yellow leads on the end of mackerel feathers... but as there aren't any mackerel around on the south coast my results have so far been inconclusive.

Worth a shot with a short hook length running ledger?

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Does anyone use them for bottom fishing? I see them online in dayglo colours and wondered if they're worth an extra fish or are they just a gimmick?

TBH I can't see the fascination for them, only tart value .............. I have a mate who colour codes all his leads with powder coat, but he is a proper tart like Neil .🤣

On our tinsels (we don't use feathers) we often use either a 60g dexter or a slow jig (60 - 250g) ...........we have had some decent Bass take the slow jig ............

Over the years we have found tinsels to be far more effective ................ in the winter we very often bait the bottom hook with Mack or squid strip to pick up the bigger 'ting, by bouncing it along the bottom ..............

Edited by GPSguru

Coloured leads are great if you’re pendulum casting as you can see the lead during the swing. 

Whilst im sure it’s possible for it be done on my cabin roof I’m quite partial to my radar antennna and reflector.... and the usual lob works fine 🙂 

as for attracting fish? I’d want them on my books not on my lead 😉 

12 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Coloured leads are great if you’re pendulum casting as you can see the lead during the swing. 

Whilst im sure it’s possible for it be done on my cabin roof I’m quite partial to my radar antennna and reflector.... and the usual lob works fine 🙂 

as for attracting fish? I’d want them on my books not on my lead 😉 

What books are best for cod then? The Compleat Angler? So long and thanks for all the fish? The Codfather??

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Don’t start Ian, I’m trying to be grown up over here. 🤐

This is true, it has been noted that the right honourable gentleman has been most gracious with his verbiage, which indeed makes the house a most pleasurable place to be .............may the extending of the olive branch, long continue ..........😇😍🤣

8 minutes ago, headlight said:

I am not my usual happy, easy going, non argumentative self due to having not been allowed to use my boat for 17 weeks this year so far and counting so I"m not posting anything 😂

I am just waiting for a break in the weather ........... it has been 3 weeks since I have been out ................... however, I fear that lockdown in England may be approaching fast over the horizon ...................😒

PS: Mark Drakeford sends you and Luke his kind regards .............🤣

National lockdown in Wales is a joke !

All businesses" selling "non essential" items are shut and supermarkets, although open, are only allowed to sell "essential" items.

So if you have a pub you are closed but you can buy alcohol in supermarkets so it must be "essential".

Drakeford says he is following medical experts advice and SAGE"s advice even though SAGE have clearly said shops are not significant problems.

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That's a bit drastic Luke! 😉🤣

You haven’t seen some of the petitions on Facebook.....

Alrhough, if we are allowed to miss a full scale lockdown and allowed to travel I will be happy, it’d be nice to get back on the boat....