Just been told off

jonnyswamp

Sent a guy a private message on the other forum directing him here after he had no replies to a question he posted regarding C-map

Had a PM of the mod, that I was recruiting for another forum and it was banned

I replied saying I was only offering advice because no-one had replied on the thread and that there were some knowledgeable people on this forum who could probably help

So either the guy reported me or they are monitoring all messages

I'm deeply offended

This will be the guy I messaged, I have been banned from there tonight. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if the account was a ringer- it wasn’t new but I hadn’t heard of him. They are losing members at a hell of a rate and blame us as opposed to looking in the mirror. I was bang to rights though so can’t complain. 

Never mentioned anything or reported anyone. Signed up as i was given the link. So they must be monitoring.

Ive been a member there for years. Had my fair share of messages deleted over time. I used to post regularly on the old conservation area. long gone now. 

Edited by Johnboijon

2 minutes ago, Johnboijon said:

Never mentioned anything or reported anyone. Signed up as i was given the link. So they must be monitoring messages.

Ive been a member there for years. Had my fair share of messages deleted over time. I used to post regularly on the old conservation area. long gone now. 

Welcome to the Offshore Outlaws! Good to have you with us. Sorry to hear that the mods are in overdrive back on the other site. You'll find it a bit (a lot!) more relaxed over here.

Go ahead and post up an Intro post, and maybe start a post on your C-Map question - we'll do our best to help.

3 minutes ago, Johnboijon said:

Never mentioned anything or reported anyone. Signed up as i was given the link. So they must be monitoring messages.

C’est la vie so they say, not that it matters anyway I was well over due. 
Anyway welcome to our site? Where you from ? Not another welshie from Conwy I hope😜

Well i guess sorry is in order for you getting banned. I dont have any mesaages from the moderators warning me of bad behaviour.  

Born and Bred in St Denys in Southampton.  Now live in Slyne,Lancashire,  near Morcambe after a 30year career of advising the under 10's commercial fleet in tech advancement. 

Edited by Johnboijon

9 minutes ago, Johnboijon said:

Well i guess sorry is in order for you getting banned. I dont have any mesaages from the moderators warning me of bad behaviour.  

Born and Bred in St Denys in Southampton.  Now live in Slyne,Lincolnshire,  near Morcambe after a 30year career of advising the under 10's commercial fleet in tech advancement. 

Honestly I was waiting to be booted so don’t feel bad. I knew what I was doing and always suspected I was being watched 

2 minutes ago, Johnboijon said:

You dont expect private messages to be monitored though. Good job its just a fishing site. 

They have lost so many members to other sites that they must be trying to stem the flow. It’s a shame because everyone is just trying to help each other out 

It's shit here you should go over to the Poole Bay Small Boat Angling site where you will find a much more heducated type of fisher folk

:smileys-fish-430558:  :smileys-fish-464021: Although you would be banned if you did this lol

Edited by Maverick

3 minutes ago, Maverick said:

It's shit here you should go over to the Poole Bay Small Boat Angling site where you will find a much more heducated type of fisher folk

:smileys-fish-430558:  :smileys-fish-464021: Although you would be banned if you did this lol

I would go if I didn’t know you would black ball me! 

44 minutes ago, Johnboijon said:

Born and Bred in St Denys in Southampton.  Now live in Slyne,Lincolnshire,  near Morcambe after a 30year career of advising the under 10's commercial fleet in tech advancement. 

Slyne is close to Morecambe, but is in Lancashire, NOT Lincolnshire. Geogg.