Just been told off

jonnyswamp

Welcome aboard. The lads that built the moulds for my "Fenline" are from Morecambe bay Dinghy Angling club - do you know any of them? Geoff.

2 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Joyce wants the lights off an you're kicking about on here???

Hi Steve - should this be moved to tune of the day. Mary Hopkins I think "Those were the the days my friend". Geoff.

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

So @Johnboijon how long since you lived in St.Denys ? 
I live 5 minutes from there, what road did you live in?

Its been 50 years since ive lived there. I used to live in priory road. 

Joined the Navy out of Portsmouth as soon as i was 18, went into the FPS until '87, lived in Grimsby until 15 years ago when i retired here. 

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

Welcome aboard. The lads that built the moulds for my "Fenline" are from Morecambe bay Dinghy Angling club - do you know any of them? Geoff.

Hi Steve - should this be moved to tune of the day. Mary Hopkins I think "Those were the the days my friend". Geoff.

Whats a fenline? Im not a part of an angling club, but did know Mark Strachan who was a member of a morcambe club so that may of been it. 

6 minutes ago, Johnboijon said:

Whats a fenline? Im not a part of an angling club, but did know Mark Strachan who was a member of a morcambe club so that may of been it. 

A Fenline is a boat that Geoff has been building since before Noah was a boy. The rest of us are running a book on when it'll finally see the salt. The smart money is on sometime just after the heat death of the universe...

32 minutes ago, Johnboijon said:

Its been 50 years since ive lived there. I used to live in priory road. 

Joined the Navy out of Portsmouth as soon as i was 18, went into the FPS until '87, lived in Grimsby until 15 years ago when i retired here. 

I know priory road very well on the Junction there. I have a couple of customers down there. I also used to keep an early boat in one of the tidal yards just by the bridge. 
it’s probably changed a fair bit since you were last there. 

16 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

So either the guy reported me or they are monitoring all messages

They are not able to monitor PM's, but they have probably set up a 'phase' to detect this forum name when the PM gets 'parsed'

Edited by GPSguru

Sad Barstewards.  So that means you are not allowed to forward any links to other forums even to help out other members, unbelievable.

Years ago if anyone on there asked about fishing in and around Poole I used to always push our clubs forum and never had an issue but that was in the days when Mike ran it so this issue must be a recent thing.

8 hours ago, Johnboijon said:

A (the) Fenline is a boat that 4 chaps from Morecambe worked together and made a full set of patterns and moulds for an 18' fast fisher. They then each took a set of mouldings so there are 4 of these boats at Morecambe bay. The moulds looked really good and I was so impressed with the boat (especially the floor matrix)  that I bought the moulds and then made one of the boats. I then decided that good as it was I could make several fairly significant changes to the boat and registered the name Fenline as a make with the BMA as FEN 1, but have yet to totally finish her.  I live in  Lincolnshire, but the Fenline  has Lancastrian roots. I do not know Mark, but am sure  some of the club members will. Geoff.

Just out of interest (or not), when I found that I could not access the site without an avatar type picture I decided to use a photo of the "Fenline" matrix referred to earlier. Geoff.