Active captain issues

Ok so this is getting annoying..... 

I lost the relief shading chart from the active captain app. Before Garmin updated the latest software version it all was intact and worked perfect, since the update the relief shading tab has vanished. 

61C7D841-8C3C-4D79-978C-9340F44D8748.jpeg.dadb0393f55f586fffe22b67bedc919d.jpeg

Having contacted Garmin support, I was advised to delete all maps/charts then reload with all setting options ticked. I have tried to do just this, but the App will not even allow me to delete the data. I start the process, but you just get that annoying circular loading symbol and nothing else happens. The photo below is after 30 mins of waiting.

CA3E61F4-6F35-4365-BF37-30BF7EF90134.jpeg.b70712032bd0c31af53f999c310c69be.jpeg

So, what next? Any ideas, because I'm starting to get sick of Garmin support, it has definitely gone down hill lately. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thanks but I've sorted it. 
I had to reset the whole app and my account. But it reloaded in super quick time. The app must have just had a glitch. 

Glad you have fixed it, I was just about to talk you through how to do it, but it’s good for you to work it out on your own because I might not always be about to help you 

10 minutes ago, JonC said:

Glad you have fixed it, I was just about to talk you through how to do it, but it’s good for you to work it out on your own because I might not always be about to help you 

It helps though to know that I have you to fall back on should all else fail! 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok so this is getting annoying..... 

I lost the relief shading chart from the active captain app. Before Garmin updated the latest software version it all was intact and worked perfect, since the update the relief shading tab has vanished. 

61C7D841-8C3C-4D79-978C-9340F44D8748.jpeg.dadb0393f55f586fffe22b67bedc919d.jpeg

Having contacted Garmin support, I was advised to delete all maps/charts then reload with all setting options ticked. I have tried to do just this, but the App will not even allow me to delete the data. I start the process, but you just get that annoying circular loading symbol and nothing else happens. The photo below is after 30 mins of waiting.

CA3E61F4-6F35-4365-BF37-30BF7EF90134.jpeg.b70712032bd0c31af53f999c310c69be.jpeg

So, what next? Any ideas, because I'm starting to get sick of Garmin support, it has definitely gone down hill lately. 

The reason is that Garmin no longer load the charts as tiles, you just select an area and upload it.

I also had to delete the tiles and reload an area, however, my delete and reload worked perfectly.

I spoke to Garmin support because they had not issued a tech statement to say what was happening or how to do it. Apparently is was because of the septics who had trouble with tiles, but the uk support geezer said he preferred the tile system, and so do I, but it all works Ok , so I guess it is fine.

I’ve found the Simrad technical support to be excellent 😉 

As for relief shading… I don’t bother… too much hassle, Sonar Charts from Navionkcs and sounder and I’m away 

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

I’ve found the Simrad technical support to be excellent 😉 

As for relief shading… I don’t bother… too much hassle, Sonar Charts from Navionkcs and sounder and I’m away 

Yeah but you only ever steam to the same shark spot every time! 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

I don’t like the relief shading but having something and it not working as it should is frustrating. 

It is quite useful when there are dropoffs, an ledges etc. The visual that it provides gives a much clearer perspective to the under water terrain.

Edited by GPSguru

We were flipping between regular Navionics chart view and the C-Map relief shading this morning to give a better perspective on the ground we planned to fish over. I personally wouldn't be without relief shading.