Celtic Deeps Awakens

Odyssey

Quality result! And a fish that snapped an Ugly Stik! Must have been a proper tank. Somehow I don't reckon Ian is too sad about it, given he now has a great fishy tale to tell.

Good start to the season 👍

3 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Ian (@headlight) had a nice run, was a big porgie but snapped his ugly stick and got away. 

Well there is a surprise 🙄, as rods go, I find them pretty awful.

Well done on getting out Luke, another month and the Blues will be there in numbers. It is a shame you couldn't get the big porgie to take a freelined bait, but TBF they can be very fussy eaters at times, and also quite wary of what they eat. We get more porgies than Blues here in Lyme Bay, mainly due to the water generally being 100 - 200ft max.

31 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Well there is a surprise 🙄, as rods go, I find them pretty awful.

Well done on getting out Luke, another month and the Blues will be there in numbers. It is a shame you couldn't get the big porgie to take a freelined bait, but TBF they can be very fussy eaters at times, and also quite wary of what they eat. We get more porgies than Blues here in Lyme Bay, mainly due to the water generally being 100 - 200ft max.

Hopefully find a few more porgies as blues arrive en masse in late July and the porgies don’t get a look in but hopefully I’ll try a few night trips in the hopes the porgies are bit easier to find.

Ugly Stick is ok for general stuff and has a handled blues ok but it’s the reason why I use quality gear out there as next time it maybe a thresher or mako that takes the bait…. Never know what’s swimming around out there 

11 hours ago, JDP said:

User error on the rod ? where did it break.

Sounds like an epic fun trip. Whats the water temp where you were fishing.

I’m not sure on the rod, it split on the reel handle. Seems to be known fault with them under maximum load. 

Water temp is on the up, not sure what it is currently, warm enough to pass the big toe test that’s all I know 🙄🙄